Where to stay in N. Phoenix - Scottsdale

(deactivated member)
on 8/2/08 11:24 am - Brunswick, ME
I will be flying to Phoenix in November for my revsion with Dr. Schlesinger and I am trying to find a decent place to stay.  When I came out for my consultation, I stayed at Spring Hill Suites.  It was nice but I don't know if I want to stay there for 2 weeks.  My mom will be with me for a week and I'll be there for up to a week by myself and not driving.  Which is why I'd like to have someplace to walk to. Here is what I'd like to find:

Less than $100 a night
Kitchenette
Airport Shuttle
Walking distance to shopping
No more than 10 miles from Dr. S office
Wireless internet

Thanks for any help.

Angie in Maine

ginau
on 8/2/08 2:51 pm - mesa, AZ
Angie -- Call Jenn  she has a list of places that offer a discount to people in town for medical  treatment , Also I will be checking for another friend  and keep you posted ...  Good news  is that doc is only 15 miles from airport. so anywhere in between should  do you good.
(deactivated member)
on 8/3/08 2:07 am - Brunswick, ME
Gina - Thanks for your help.  I asked Jen and she said she would do some research for me but didn't mention that she had list at hand.  I will ask her again. 

Angie
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 8/3/08 2:52 am - Tucson, AZ
The Wingate also has free hot breakfast.  Joe told me to mention that.  I don't know what surgery you are having but when you can eat soft foods that would be great to get eggs.  Joe also said if you reserve a room there to have your mom use AARP for a cheaper rate.
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 8/3/08 12:07 am - Tucson, AZ
We stayed at the Wingate by Windham which is located only about 5 miles from the doc's office and Paradise Valley Hospital.  It was like having our own little apartment.  We had two queen size beds and requested handicap facilities so had a walkin shower and first floor entry.  The only thing you don't have is a dishwasher.  You have fridge, stove, microwave, dishes.  I think it was $89 a night.  It is located off Raintree and the 101.
Example 1   

(deactivated member)
on 8/3/08 2:08 am - Brunswick, ME
Thanks so much!  This place sounds great.  I am going to look it up now.

Angie
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 8/3/08 2:39 am - Tucson, AZ
There is a Walgreens, CVS, Albertson's, Costco and restaurants within 1/2 mile from the Wingate.  It was ideal.  Only thing was we had to search for a laundromat.
Example 1   

(deactivated member)
on 8/3/08 3:18 am - Brunswick, ME
(deactivated member)
on 8/3/08 8:24 am - Brunswick, ME
Becky- Thanks for all the info.  The chapest price I could find for the Wingate in November was $135 a night.  That's out of my budget.  After spending much of the day researching hotels in the area, I ended up booking at the Extended Stay America on 15501 North Scottsdale Rd.  My room was $60 a night for 16 nights and a room for my mom and her friend was $85 a night for 8 nights.  They don't have an airport shuttle and I'm not sure if I'll be able to walk to any stores, but it's in my budget.  Thanks again.

Angie
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 8/3/08 10:15 am - Tucson, AZ

Angie

That is too bad because it would have been perfect for you.  November is the tourist season in AZ so I guess they hike up their prices then.

Example 1   

Most Active