7 month revision report

JRinAZ
on 7/30/08 8:38 am - Layton, UT

It looks like it's report card day so I'll share my update.

I had ERny with Dr. Schlesinger on Dec 26th.  I lost all of my regain and an additional 20 to put me below my original goal weight.  I had a very rough few weeks and even months and vascilated between feeling like I was dying to wanting someone to kill me!!!!  .......BUT.....a couple of weeks ago I was clocking out of work pretty late and it dawned on me that I had energy.......and that I'd made it through a long work day going full speed, enjoying it and really feeling GREAT!!!!  I drove home that night with all kinds of plans to start enjoying the new me!!!!

It seems my body has stabilized around 118ish and so I may even give myself permission to shop somewhere other than Ross and Target!!!  .......  I haven't wanted to invest in anything that was fitting me for a few days!

I am committed to a very structured regime of many vitamins, protein supplements,  and having my labs drawn quarterly.  I keep in touch with Jenn and Dr. S regarding the new tweaks I need to my routine.  My hair is still shedding a bit but promising fuzzies are all over the place.  The potty yuckies are manageable and have tapered bunches.  I'm sure the poor person who comes in after me in a restroom still drops dead but.....oh well, Bath & Body has great little air fresheners that even fit in a purse!

And.....I actually gave myself permission to think beyond survival and more towards a fabulous future!!!!  I can see myself getting more energy every few days and am ready to pick a few new goals.  Getting to a goal weight has been the # 1 for so many years that it's a bit unsettling to study other options.  .....I can hardly wait for things to happen now and that's more like the "me" that I've always known. 

Right now I can't wait to meet some of you and renew acquaintances with others of you at the upcoming O.H. event!!!!  The lineup is going to be soooooo much fun and I just found out yesterday that O.H. actually has invited me to be on stage for a few minutes!!!!!  Holy Cow!  I had to have a buddy so I made Jenn promise to help me out!  She has got the funnest idea but we won't be sharing it on here!  LOL!  Y'all will just have to come and see for yourself!!!!

Soooo.......what goals does everyone else have for "when" they get to goal????  I need ideas!!!

That's me at 7 months......

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

FLGail
on 7/30/08 10:07 am - Sun City, AZ
Hi Joyce, Glad to hear you are doing so well. I have become a clothing addict since losing 134 pounds. Looking forward to meeting you and Dr. Gitt and all the other people at the OH conference. See you in September!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Gail
JRinAZ
on 8/1/08 10:47 am - Layton, UT
Hey all you wonderful peeps!  Thanks bunches from the bottom of my farely healthy heart!!!    Your encouraging and kind remarks lifted my spirts......all the way to the mall!  LOL!  ......  Had a bazaare shoe shopping day trying to find just the right silvers to go with the "mother of the groom" dress I'll be wearing for my son's wedding.   Well, my feet looked geee-NOR-mus all day long!!!!  ....  I began to wonder if the weight loss kind of slid down the torso, past the eeehaw, down the legs and landed right on my feet!!!????  .....  Nope, same size....I guess I'm just more accustomed to the Fantasia elephant look with the teeny tiny slippers on her feet! .....Smaller size torso makes feet look bigger????   Anyway, I found some lovely silvers!  ...YOU Need to go shopping???/  Oh my gosh!  The clearance racks are an additional 40% off the marked down prices at Dillards and Maceys!  .....  I had what I would consider a "controlled shop"........only ONE outfit and TWO pairs of shoes!  .......Had some juvaderm and Botox injections yesterday.......I bruised a little.....one store clerk asked me if I'd left that *&%#$&* yet?  He he he!  If she only knew what a gentle giant of a man my DH Is!!!!  gave me giggles all through the mall!!!

Sooooo....I started this little babbly note to say "Hey" to Gail and tell her I can't wait to see her and all others at the O.H. event!!!!  .....  All the way from Florida just for us????  We'd better roll the very sunny red carpet out just for YOU!!!!......Dr. Gitt will be waiting at the door with his instruments all sharpened and ready to go!   "Loose skin BE GONE!" 
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

ginau
on 7/30/08 12:53 pm - mesa, AZ

Wooooo HOOOOO !!!!!!

It is amazing how one day everything changes ! You have energy, you have a cute figure, get to go shopping, a fun job.a wonderful supportive family. 

Get to meet and greet lots of folks and make a positive impact on their lives.

* any ya wonder why your my Idol !

Congratulations on your sucess!

Dawn T.
on 7/30/08 1:01 pm - Phoenix, AZ

Joyce -
Your post really puts into perspective what "goal" means - which is so much more than a number on the scale!!! 

Congratulations on reaching this major milestone - you're my inspiration!!!

Dawn T.

keyboards 001
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 7/31/08 1:04 am - Tucson, AZ

Joyce

I am so happy for you.  You definitely deserve it.  Now you MUST update that avatar.  Everyone needs to see how much you have changed.  My goals right now are to get these drains removed and I can't wait to go shopping again.  Shopping for me was getting to be depressing again with all that loose skin on my arms and now it is gone forever!!!!!!

See you later today.

Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

Michael B.
on 8/1/08 4:31 am - Gilbert, AZ
Joyce, congratulations, you really are doing great, and looking great too!....I think one of your goals should also be to have a "support" lunch with me at least once a quarter or more (that means I got the job at the 101 and Cave Creek! I start monday!!!)

Visit My Newly Launched Blog:

(deactivated member)
on 8/4/08 1:28 pm - Phoenix, AZ
WOW you have been going thru alot... I hope the best for you. 
Most Active