Super Duper Yesterday & catching up!!!

JRinAZ
on 7/30/08 8:20 am - Layton, UT
Hi all!!!  I've missed you!  I took off for 5 fabulous days in Utah......crazy busy with family events that were amazing.  Soooooooo y'know I was all stressed about everyone's reaction to my recent weight loss (Revision end of Dec and below goal weight)......I only had ONE confrontation.  I was prepared and went on the offense before she could spit out her nastiness my direction.  But...the rest of the family and friends from long ago (2 major reunions).....were so complimentary!  I fielded comments like "are you Joyce's daughter"....."you look amazing"....."are you getting too skinny?"......I was truly overwhelmed with the kindness this time around.  I'm wondering why it's so different than when I lost weight initially the first time????  Hmmm?  Anyone know?.......I ended my mini trip by spending a day in Park City.....took the ski lift to the top of the world.  Sat with my sunshine (daughter) and sipped crystal light while we took in the view and counted our blessings!  That very cool day will give me a lot of mileage!!!!  My goal for next year is to hike that gigantuous mountain!!!!

Soooo.........yesterday I had lunch with 2 of my favorite gal pals!!!  Gotta love my 'mini me" = Jenn!!!!  If you haven't met her then you'd best be getting your surgery with Dr. Schlesinger just so you can meet the powerful itty bitty fun Miss Jenn!!!!  ..........and ..........Miss Jeanna (aka Gina) who celebrated her 3rd month post revision with Dr. S!!!!  Jeanna pulls me up when I"m having a pitty party moment!  She soothes my troubled soul!....Jeanna--  You rock sweetie pie!  Congrats on your post revision success!  You look gorgeous!

Last night I decided to drop by the Banner Good Sam support group since I hadn't been there before.  I got lost and was a bit late so I walked in on this very familiar speaker.  I was wracking my brain trying to figure her out!  Oh my gosh!  IT hit me that she is none other than Miss Betty Sue from the Biggest Loser!!!!!  She's the mom of Alli the first female winner!...........This was the most entertaining (think Roseann funny), inspiring (sort of if she can do it then anyone can) and amazing evening!  Got my picture with her afterwards like a true groupy!  .......begged her for MORE and promised her that my stalking would be very limited!!!!  Sooooo......she gave us her e-mail and I am going to do my best to hook her into another speaking gig so all of YOU can enjoy her too!!!!!  With her inspiration I dusted off my gym shoes and hunted down my membership badge and headed to the gym for my first whimpy workout since my revision!  LOL! .....Yup!  The muscles are screaming for a full body massage!  Gheesh! 

I woke up determined to make myself stronger.  I WILL be in some major event in 2009 just so I have a goal to dangle in front of me.  Now I need to find just the right one!

Anyway!  That's my "catch up"!  How's everyone else doing????

BTW - I totally recommend the Banner Good Sam support group.  They meet every Tuesday so I'll have to rotate around since there are 4 others I like on Tuesdays as well.  ....... 

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Most Active