Stalling...or failure? Need advice...

Av8trx
on 7/29/08 5:47 pm - north-central, AZ
I'm in a bit of a stall too, fluctuating back and forth over the same two pound range.  I"m pretty confident that it's mostly hormone fluctuation and my body adjusting - tho I have been allowing myself to eat two small meals and one shake instead of two shakes and one meal... gotta turn that around pronto.  I know my body is in a big state of flux at the moment.  I've missed two periods, and I can tell my hair is starting to thin a bit.  I figure that all i can do is try not freak out, hit my protein/water/vitamin goals each day, move as much as possible during the day and get good rest at night.

I have to trust that my body will let go of this extra insulation when its ready. 

- Kailolu

Cassi J.
on 7/29/08 6:54 pm - AZ
I just hit my first "real" stall.  Three weeks at the same weight.  I just keep reminding myself that this is 100% normal (especially since I have stalled at a weight where I was for many years, so I kinda figured it would happen).  Just keep hanging in there.  Maybe bump up your water and see if that does anything. 

Just remember that this isn't failure--not by any stretch of the imagination.  It's just part of the process.

Cassi
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."

L. TP
on 7/30/08 8:01 am
Thank you so much everyone!  Almost 4 weeks of no weight loss and this morning I got on the scale and have lost 2 pounds in 24 hours.  I am REALLY hoping this means my stall is over!

Tomorrow I take my first plane ride since surgery and go to Disneyland!  Lets hope I have my first WOW moment somewhere during this 4 day weekend!

Zippidy Do Dah!

Hugs everyone & Thanks again.  This whole weight loss thing can really mess with our heads from time to time!  ha ha.

beckipoohbear
on 7/30/08 9:17 am - AZ
Yay!!!! You'll have to let me know about any tips you figure out for eating and whatnot while you are at Disneyland cause I am going in 3 weeks for my 30th birthday.  Have a blast!

Rebecca
3  1/2 Marathons down!!! Getting ready to try a marathon!
Day of surgery - 252.5 Highest weight - 269 Goal weight - 134, reached!!

Jenn B.
on 7/30/08 9:52 am - Tempe, AZ
 Ok this is a subject I can help with- I am a Disneyland queen!  I had my lapband surgery in March and have been 3 times since :-)

First of all, rule of thumb- easiest place to eat is in California Adventure, their food choices are SO much better.  However my FAVORITE place to eat is in Disneyland.

My favorite place, which I think offers the best meal to fit our needs, is Bangle BBQ   This is located right across from Indiana Jones.  They serve grilled meat on sticks (PERFECT!)  My fiance and I typically get the chicken skewer (it has a very tasty sauce on it that is not cream based though I don't know the exact caloric count of it) and then a veggie skewer (yummy veggies grilled on a stick with salt and pepper).  It's a GREAT meal, and honestly one of the most decently priced (I think for us its like $8 for both total and they're large portions so since I dont need much the Fiance gets his fill).

California Adventure, like I said, does offer more health wise food options:
In Condor Flats, there's the test pilots grill.  There you can get a grilled chicken breast sandwich (I toss the bun) and a veggie salad (instead of fries) this is one of my favorite meals, and it's a quick service so not a sit down restaurant.

In Pacific Warf there is a cafe by the sourdough bread tour, here there have all kinds of great sandwiches with great deli meats, again one of my favorites, and you can get grapes instead of fries.

Lastly there is this wonderful little farmers market type place between Bugs Life and Pacific Warf that has an AMAZING chicken wrap sandwich, which again you can get with grapes instead of fries.

Also, Disney knows how to get snacking right!  In California Adventure by It's a Bug life and the Pin Store "PT Flea" there is a stand that sells wonderful fresh fruit, which considering how warm it is, is typically more appealing then a hot bucket of pop corn or other high calorie snacks!  In Disneyland, there is a Fruit stand back by Splash Mountain, as well as in Tomorrow land, adjacent from the store Star Trader.  Also a fruit cart on Main Street.

I hope this helps!  I LOVE Disneyland, and each time I go, thoroughly enjoy how much better I fit in the rides, and how much longer I can last walking around the park (this past weekend I made it a full 12 hours walking around and while tired at the end of the day, wasn't in exhaust "kill me now mode").

Have a great time!

Most Active