I'm Allergic to my Pain Meds

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 7/27/08 12:41 am - Tucson, AZ

I had my surgery on16 Jul 08 with Dr.Gitt in Phoenix.  I was to spend the  night in the hospital but ended up spending two nights.  My bloodpressure would not rise.  I ended up getting two blood transfusions fromthe blood I donated prior to surgery.  I was experiencing alot of pain so the surgeon switched my pain meds fromVicodin to Percoset.  Joe and Ispent the weekend in a hotel nearby and saw the doctor on Monday.  Everything was looking good and the two arm drains were removed.  Wedrove back to Tucson on Monday after that appointment.  On Tuesday I started having the itches from HELL and by Wednesday I had redsplotches all over my torso.  I called and they prescribed Benadryl and to call back the next day if it was not better. On Thursday we drove back to Phoenix so the doc could have a look see.  He could not believe his eyes.  I would not have had any pain if it had not been forthe hives.  I am allergic to the Percoset!!!  He prescribed a cream and to continue the Benadryl.  While I was there I had them look at an incision that was oozing. Sure enough I had a seroma.  Three days later my rash is starting to clear upand the seroma is healing nicely.  I head back to Phoenix tomorrow for another checkup and hope to get some more drains removed.  I am also looking forward to seeing that bubbly little JOYCE!!!!  I had a total of eight drains.  I love my arms.  They look great.  I cannot really see my lower body and waist yet due to swelling and dressings but I do see that it is totally FLAT!!!

I have to say that I had the best care atParadise Valley Hospital.  Everyone was very attentive and caring.  My surgeons office is the best.  They are all so compassionate and answered my phone calls within an hour.

Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

Gwynn M.
on 7/27/08 5:01 am - Tucson, AZ

I'm so glad to hear you are doin and feelin better Becky!   I was just talkin about you to my husband last night.  Was tellin' him about your Joe....helping you with the drains....about how you almost passed out.  I wanted to see the look on his face...LOL.  He can be, like most of us...a lttle squeemish.  He will be taking the week off....to help me out.  LOL...he says he will do the best he can...and thats all I can ask for!!  

Of course...this all depends on whether or not i get an approval, of course!

I'm glad they figured out you're allergic to the Percosets. A lot of people are! My husband is...and I think I am....not sure.  I take the vicadins for my fibro pain...so not sure how thats gonna work after a big surgery.  Little scary to hear that you had to have transfusions.  But VERY good thing you did give to yourself before your surgery!

Take it easy on your ride up to Phx. tomorrow and when you feel up to it...please let us know how you're doin!!  and.....let me just say......
FLAT TUMMY.  WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!  i MEAN YEAHHHH!

I would have NO CLUE to how good that must feel....but I sure hope to someday get my DREAM of flat tummy to come TRUE!!

Gwynn

Gena L.
on 7/27/08 5:47 am - Sun City, AZ
So happy to hear you are doing better and that you are pleased with the results so far 

Gena

Most Active