Hope Everyone Is Doing AOK

AzViper
on 7/22/08 4:57 am, edited 7/22/08 9:36 am - AZ
I have not been in these parts for a while. Work is kinda slow where the entire 700 people staff has been ask to use up their PTO time. This is to help head off any lay-offs we are told as the funds from PTO are not the same funds as regualr wages.

I am still losing weight and have join LA Fitness with the hope to gaining muscle. I am now getting fills every two weeks instead of every four weeks. I was losing weight the first week of a fill and then had problems maintaining the weight loss over the course of the next three weeks so this is why I am on a new two week schedule. It appears to be working.

I have not been walking very much due to knee pain. Looks like I will be needing a total knee replacement as the left knee is worn out.

ginau
on 7/22/08 5:29 am - mesa, AZ
 Glad to see you back and know your doing good !!  Please dont scare us like that again ... Thought you got mad and blew us all off.
AzViper
on 7/22/08 9:44 am - AZ
Just dealing with our corrupt court system...
L. TP
on 7/22/08 12:02 pm

AzViper
on 7/23/08 7:10 am - AZ
Wow,

Your down 46 pounds, that is great. I joined LA Fitness yesterday and I think I have found a home that has everything I need to continue my weight lost. I am down as of today 67 pounds. Lynn keep up the great work...  Keith
Deweyscts
on 7/22/08 11:54 pm - Scottsdale, AZ
Hi Az viper.....Good to hear from you...How much weight have you lost?  Do you feel better???

Dewey
AzViper
on 7/23/08 7:12 am - AZ
On July 23, 2008 at 6:54 AM Pacific Time, Deweyscts wrote:
Hi Az viper.....Good to hear from you...How much weight have you lost?  Do you feel better???

Dewey
Hi Dewey,

I am down 67 pounds in 11 weeks. Things had slowed down but I am back on track with me joining a health spa. Plus I now get fills every two weeks.  Keith
Deweyscts
on 7/27/08 1:53 am - Scottsdale, AZ
Wow Az Viper you are doing great.  I'm still waiting for my Lap Band procedure.  I will be seeing my 3rd Bariactric Surgeon on Tuesday and hopefully he will be able to speed this up.

I started with Dr Fang.  Got all of my Pre-Op stuff done by mid April.  Had all my back up paperwork in too.  Called that office at least 15 times.  No return calls.  No return calls.  I decided since they cannot or will not call me back, I would have to find another Dr.  What if something went wrong after the procedure??  Would that office call me back?? I doubt it.

Because of OH I had been hearing wonderful things from Dr S's office and Dr. S.  Jen is a wonderful coordinater.  She called , while I watched, my insurance company to ask if ins company would pay for Hosp and Anestegiologist and I would self pay Dr. S portion.  Ins Co said no problem.  Then of course when Jen submitted all my forms, they denied me because Dr. S is out of my network.  I have been so bummed as Dr S is one of the best.  HE GETS THINGS DONE......

So I went back to my really good PCP and told him about my nightmare stories and asked him if I should go back to Fang or switch.  Evidentley my PCP cannot get through to that office either.

So now off I go the Dr De Barros on Tuesday,  Wish me luck. 

I think the hardest thing to watch is all of you guys getting your procedures and losing the weight while I wait.  I am happy for all of you don't get me wrong.  It's just hard watching all of this and knowing I could be losing and my health and hip would be better for it.

Az Viper you are an inspiration to me.  1. you self paid.  2. you are losing at a great rate.  3. your avatar is really cute.  I am very glad that you are back on the boards....

Dewey
L. TP
on 7/23/08 5:06 pm
Thanks Keith!  I do LA Fitness too.  I joined right after sugery.  I go to the one on 7th and Greenway or 79th and Union HIlls the most. 

Congrats to you as well.

Most Active