Intro for Me

Meldiriel
on 7/22/08 4:45 am - Tucson, AZ

Hello all!

My name is Ruthyn and I am getting started on this surgery path. I have scheduled an appt to talk to my doctor later this week and then I go from there.

I was wondering if there is anyone on here who has either Pacificare or ACHHS Health Choice and got approved. I would like to know what I need to have done or what I need to get in order to get this approved as fast as possible.

Thank You!

~~Ruthyn

L. TP
on 7/22/08 12:05 pm
I don't have either of those but many of us have sample letters we used for our insurance if you would like.  Just let us know.  I know if you post on the RNY board or  your surgeries board you will get a lot of sample letters as well.  More than likely you will have a 6 month diet monitor requirement.  Your doctors office should help you with your requirements and helping you fulfill them also.  When they go to submit for approval, you can add a letter of your own if you choose...

Welcome to the board...don't be a stranger.

Meldiriel
on 7/23/08 2:21 am - Tucson, AZ
Thank you for your insight. I would greatly appreciate seeing copies of your letters, they would be a great help.

Does the time you get your surgery done, how long the wait is, depend on which surgeon you choose?

~~Ruthyn
dorastardd101
on 7/22/08 4:10 pm - tucson, AZ
ruthyn i had gastric bypass in 2004 and i had health choice. it took 3 month for the insurance to approve the surgery. i dont know if it was easier than than now but i had alot of help from my dr,  she wrote the insurance letters and i was diabetic and had tooken some nutritional classes and they wrote letters to the insurance also. i worked really hard everyday to get what they needed i also got all my medical records from all the hospital that i had gone to. but i was very sick i was having alot of problems with my health because of my weight. i think that is why i got approved by the insurance i dont think it was just  beacuse i was overweight. mu sister had the surgery a year before i did and it took her 6 times for the insurance to pay but hers was through her work. so dont give up keep on trying and get letters from all the dr that have told you that you need the surgery, and if you have gone to any kind of programs to loose weight like weigh****chers or any get letters from them to and send them copies so that they can see that you have tried to loose weight and that this is not your first option.  well good luck let me know how it went.  dora    
Meldiriel
on 7/23/08 2:25 am - Tucson, AZ

Thank you for your help.  I have hypothyroidism as well as being a borderline diabetic and my doctor and I have been trying to get my medicine dosage right for over a year now. While it did work some for a while, I have put on 50lbs in the last 7 mo and neither my doctor nor I are happy with that gain.  I have tried weigh****chers, jenny craig, south beach, and going vegan... all to no success.  I have also tried various diet pills, Hoodia being the fave, and there was no real loss with those either. My sister who had her bypass in October said that I should get the surgery as well, so I am now talking to my doctor about getting it done.

~~Ruthyn

dorastardd101
on 7/23/08 4:03 pm - tucson, AZ
sorry guys i had mercy care when i had the surgery, i forgot it was so long ago. dora
Most Active