You were all right, I AM going to live!!

aboymom
on 7/21/08 2:49 pm
So I am 12 days post-op of an open RNY with gall bladder removal.  And, yes, I am going to live.  I started to feel better yesterday and today I even got out of the house on my own.  (Well, I guess my two rug rats were with me!)  I am able to drive again.  WOO HOO!  I even sat and played Wii with my kids tonight.  I might get in trouble for this but I vacuumed just a bit tonight.  (Those of you that know me, know this was the hardest thing for me to give up during rehab.) I feel closer to my old self again.  I wasn't sure I would ever get over the malaise and fatigue.  I don't think I could run a marathon but I am feeling much much chipper.  Woo Wee.  What a relief!!!
Gena L.
on 7/21/08 3:46 pm - Sun City, AZ
GREAT!  We knew you would make it...and you will feel a bit better each day.  Truthfully my carpet could have grown legs and walked away and I would not have cared, LOL! I kept the kitchen neat and my DH did all else bless his heart. It feels good to finally get in that car and go off on your own again doesn't it?  Believe as you heal and feel better the malaise and aggravation will seem less and less. 

Easy for me to say huh? I have been doing well but having BP problems....can not sit up or stand with out wanting to faint but PCP will remedy that tomorrow. I am sure your  guys will be pleased to have you back up to speed also.  Hope to see you Sat. at the support meeting.

Gena

L. TP
on 7/22/08 12:08 pm

Most Active