Had surgery Tuesday and Im still hungry

RedSirenn
on 7/19/08 9:48 am - Mesa, AZ
Okay so I had surgery Tuesday and from the moment I came out of surgery I was just as hungry has when I went in. I have stomach growling and hunger pains. Is this normal. I thought that you don't start feeling hungry until a month or two after surgery.

Starting Weight: 230   Current Weight: 186   Goal Weight: 140 
thdreamcinderella.gif image by kscollin25hope_faith_love.gif image by kscollin25zzzzzsplendor.jpg image by kscollin25

L. TP
on 7/19/08 2:43 pm
Its not something everyone experiences but yes, its normal.  Still, lots and lots of people do.  Most of it is head hunger and the rest will start to disipate very soon...or it usually does.  Hang in there. 
JRinAZ
on 7/20/08 4:15 am - Layton, UT
High Fives Sister!  I woke up out of anesthesia and asked when lunch was served!  LOL!  No worries!  We're all different and I STILL lost over 160 pounds!  You will too! ......When you THINK you're hungry....have 8 oz of water then think again........still hungry? .....have 30 grams of protein drink and then think again..............wait an hour and still hungry?  ANSWER the call by giving yourself a nutritional mini meal (whatever stage you're in with your docs program plan).  Hang in there!  ....I parked myself in a recliner in front of the food channel while recouping!  LOL! .......I was still a compliant patient.  We're all unique!  Thank Heavens! 
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

20candy07
on 7/20/08 1:41 pm - Tolleson, AZ

Hey, did you stock up on sugarfree popsicles, fudgesicles, jello?  That helps.....how about chicken broth.....that also helps. I use to get salty head hunger so I would drink the broth and it's part of your 64 oz a day fluid.   Head hunger is the worse....my mind didn't catch up with my stomach.  I don't know if it really does either.  It's all control later.  Keep up the good fight!!

Most Active