Doing better each day.

RayM
on 7/19/08 1:56 am - Surprise, AZ
I am doing better.  I can get around more each day.  I still have tightest but I seem to be getting better range of motion each day.  A few things that was different are I normally drake a lot of water.  I can not really drink near what I did before.  I do sip on water all day.  In that last few days things have started tasting different.  I keep cleaning my water jug because it taste funny.  I asked someone else to try it and I guess it is just me.  I have not found anything other than water I can drink.  I like Crystal Light but now it seems heavy and very sweet.  Decaf tea taste nasty to me now.  I have a taste in my mouth all the time now.  I brush my teeth and in 10 mins it is back.  A few people told my I now have really bad breath.  I am hoping some of this is normal and will get better.

Right now the only thing that really hurts in my IV hole.  They bent the IV in me 2 times and pain messed it up.  The second night I was in so much pain I told them to remove it.  The night nurse was not good at all and took him over 7hrs to come back to remove it.  All he would never say was how busy he is.  After he removed it he wanted to put one back in and I would not let him.  The next day he was removed from being my nurse but by then the damage was done.  I have a pain that runs almost to my elbow and can not pick anything up.
maxaz1
on 7/19/08 2:05 am - Scottsdale, AZ
The taste thing is pretty common. Ketosis has kicked in, and it really does make things taste (and smell) different to you.  You're probably best off sticking to water - but if you want to try, add the teeniest bit of a sugar free flavor powder to your water, like crystal light or one of the tea flavors. Just a tiny amount will flavor the water a little, and may give you some relief. Too much and it will be too heavy and too sweet - I remember that exactly the way you described it.

Sorry you have pain - they must have hit a nerve.

Best thing about it all is that it's all temporary. It only gets better!
RayM
on 7/19/08 2:17 am, edited 7/19/08 4:20 am - Surprise, AZ
Thanks for the reply.  I thought it was pretty normal.  It is just nice to know others have had the same issues.  I have not really found anything that taste good.  The other night for dinner I had a cheese soup that was not bad.  At least had some taste to it.  Later today I am going to try this new sugar free Dark Choloate Pudding. 

I tell you one thing that really wows me.  Food has been a huge part of my life for some long that I thought I was always hungry.  I am not 5 days out and have not once really felt hungry.  Before watching TV and seeing something would make me want it and now I just really do not care.  Before if someone eat around me I wanted something also and now I do not care. 
Most Active