Ray are you Home yet...........................

Deweyscts
on 7/17/08 11:44 pm - Scottsdale, AZ
Ray where are you???? Are you home yet??????If you are home let us know how you are doing.  Okay?

Thoughts have been with you.  Hopefully you are not in too much pain.  Your Daughter told us the night of your surgery that you were getting up and eating ice chips so we expect you to get on the computer and tell us how you are doing....

Happy for you

Dewey
RayM
on 7/18/08 1:07 am - Surprise, AZ
I got home yesterday.  They kept me for 3 days.  I have A-Fib and I had some blood pressure issues.  They wanted to get all that under control before letting me go home.  My sister posted that I was doing good and I was.  Later the day after the surgery I felt not bad.  Better than I though I would.  I walked around and laughed etc.  The next day the tightest set in and it was harder to move.  Also with my other issues they were putting so many things in my IV that I was never feeling very good.  I would cat night a lot.  After that night a fever hit me.  It was at that point I started to think what did I just do to myself.  The next morning my fever broke and my medical problems were doing a lot better.  I was feeling much better.  The tightest was still painful but I could handle it.  Today other that my hand where my IV they messed up badly (long story) and my sore butt I think I am doing pretty well.  It is hard moving around but I am doing it.  I do not really feel hungry and need to force myself to have stuff.  I have been drinking a lot of water (which I have always) but this 1 sip 1 drink it hard.  I like to cug my water.  I can see that I will need to train myself on stuff.  I have a HUGE bottle of liquid pain meds which I do not think I will take.  I do not have much pain as it is more tightest and dule ache.  All and All I thankful.  This WAS a very very hard thing for me to do but I knew something needed to be done.  I could not keep going down the path I was and needed to make a change.  I posted in my profile a picture right after surgery.  My 3 year old daughter wanted me to keep her stuffed animal with me and they let me.  Her name is Noelle and I could her Elle.  I called her friend "Elle font".
Deweyscts
on 7/18/08 2:50 am - Scottsdale, AZ
I'm so glad you posted.  I know this surgery was hard for you.  Now you're on your way to a more healthy Ray.  You'll be around your family for a long time now. 

I said your daughter posted the nite of your surgery I meant your sister.  It was really nice of her to do that.  I'm sorry you had problems after the first night.  Day by day they will all get better and better.  At least the stress of getting the surgery and getting the date is all over now for you.

Pain medication is there for a reason, use it if the pain gets too much.  Sometimes I have found that if I don't stay on top of the pain curve it becomes too much to handle.  Don't let that happen to you.

Sip the water all day long.  Congradulations Ray.......

Dewey
Most Active