2 Years ago

ginau
on 7/17/08 11:02 pm - mesa, AZ

Wow  2 yrs ago I had my original Laproscopic RNY surgery, Lost 139 lbs over 13 months,  then stopped cold in my tracks. the next 8 months I managed to gain 15 lbs back !

In May  this  year I was fortunate,  I had  a wonderful caring  Dr do a revision surgery , Taking my common channel shorter and allowing me to continue my journey ...

I look back  and see  how many friends , family members  and even strangers  have encouraged me.  I am grateful for  my local and online support groups who share their wisdom ,concerns, knowledge  daily with me.

So today I stand on the scale and can tell you  I am down 175 lbs from mt highest weight.  Still have  80? to go - But I am going to make it . with all your help !! Thank You  for being here for me  and others .

Deweyscts
on 7/17/08 11:39 pm - Scottsdale, AZ
Good for you.  Dr S. is great.  I applaud you for not giving up. My insurance company is forcing me back to Fang since Dr. S. is out of my insurance network.  I was even going to self pay the surgeons portion of the bill with Dr. S., but no, insurance wants in network Doctor.

I am a little tired of all of this.  I see my PCP Wednesday to see if he can do anything for me before I see my 3rd Bariactric Doctor.

I am also considering the DS instead of Lap Band.  When I first started this I was more concerned about the easiest surgery not so much life after the surgery.  Frankly, I would have and may still get the Band just to get things rolling again. 

I watch all of you guys losing weight and getting healthy and I am still waiting...Plus my hip is killing me.....

Thanks for the little vent and Congradulations on your revision.  You are always full of great advice..

Dewey
Most Active