Nauseated? (sorry cant spell)

dramqueen6
on 7/12/08 9:55 am - Glendale, AZ

I am feeling very Nauseous today.. Is this normal?  I have been sipping my water, walking.. I swear you guys I cant eat anymore Jello!!  LOL I mean now I am getting sick just looking at it.. Any ideas???  My post op class is Tuesday, Oh i hope they tell me i can eat something else!!!

Cindy

*Surgery Scheduled for July 8th!! YAY
20candy07
on 7/12/08 10:29 am - Tolleson, AZ

Do you have any sugarfree popsicles or fudgebars?  Those help.

Gena L.
on 7/12/08 11:28 am - Sun City, AZ

Heavens yes...normal for me for 2 months at least.  Try the SF popsickles that helps like Candy said....also what helped me is I would lie down and put on my CPAP nasal progs....for some reason that air helped. If it continues call and ask for a script for Compazine suppositories or tablets...tabs make you slightly sleepy but that is not bad if are nausous. Good Luck!

(deactivated member)
on 7/12/08 3:20 pm - AZ

I have nausea tonight and Dr Scelesinger already wrote a script before surgery for this issue. This is the first time since surgery that I have nausea. I hope it is not the start of something..........

Gena L.
on 7/12/08 3:53 pm - Sun City, AZ

What did he give you Dawn? Compazine or Zofran?  Both are good but I prefer the compazine myself and it is much cheaper. The night I went to ER for nausea and vomiting the 2nd time they gave me a script for Zofran. My insurance is very good but I had to pay $44.00 at CVS for the 20 Zofran tablets as opposed to 50 compazine at less than $2.00!

Gena

aboymom
on 7/13/08 12:30 am

Oh Gena, I can't tell you how many times I've thought of you since I had my surgery.  I am SO much more sore than I expected.  I can't imagine how miserable you were with all the vomitting.  I CAN"T IMAGINE vomitting right now.  My poor tummy is so sore.  My incision is much larger than I expected.  I have been so blessed to not be sick on top of this.  My heart definately goes out to you for what you went through.

beckipoohbear
on 7/12/08 1:39 pm - AZ

Try some caffeine free tea, that really helped with my nausea.  I got sick of jello too.  If the nausea doesn't pass within a day or two definitely call the office and get a scrip.

Rebecca

3  1/2 Marathons down!!! Getting ready to try a marathon!
Day of surgery - 252.5 Highest weight - 269 Goal weight - 134, reached!!

maxaz1
on 7/12/08 2:28 pm - Scottsdale, AZ

Ginger tea, peppermint tea - both ginger and peppermint help to settle your stomach.

dramqueen6
on 7/13/08 7:28 am - Glendale, AZ

Oh thank you guys I will try your suggestions.. I am pretty miserable right now..

Cindy

*Surgery Scheduled for July 8th!! YAY
Deanne K.
on 7/13/08 10:13 am - Tucson, AZ

Dr. Blackstone usually give phenergan as an anti-nausea medication.  Sometimes you have to drink past the nausea.  It's hard I know, I had the same problem for 2 months after surgery.  It does get better.

Most Active