I am home!!

dramqueen6
on 7/11/08 1:21 pm - Glendale, AZ

Hey guys.. I was released yesterday from the hospital and I came home and slept.. The drive home killed me!  I have pain when this medicine wares off.. I am walking like crazy, sipping my water, and doing my spirometer thingy.. Thank you all for your well wishes.. I am done and on the way to this new journey.. :)

Cindy

*Surgery Scheduled for July 8th!! YAY
(deactivated member)
on 7/11/08 1:43 pm, edited 7/11/08 1:46 pm - AZ

Cindy,

I am so glad you are home. I bet your hospital stay was really nice. I like Scottsdale Shea campus better than PVH big time. Mine was a bit rough. I never got regular medications. Never got heparin. How was your pain control ?  Was your bed comftable ? Were the nurses nice. Was it Bariatric set up ?I think it is best to have pain control at home. My doctors gets you in and than gets you out. I can see why. I am going to WLSWV meeting tomorrow. Gena is picking me up as I am not ready to drive.I can't wait to get my drain out on Monday. It is like having a extra boob but no bra for the support. I have been wearing my binder off and on. I am allergic to it. We are now big loser's. Talk to you later,

Dawn

dramqueen6
on 7/11/08 1:58 pm - Glendale, AZ

Hi Dawn, The hopsital was awesome.. We had to sit in our recliner chairs allday and were only able to be in our bed from 12-6 am.. I had the most uncomfortable recliner so I requested to have another one, then i was fine.  I had the best nightime nurse, her name was Holly and she was the best!!  She was on top of everything, very sweet, made me feel very comfotable.. The day nurses not so attentive, still very nice, but not present that much. 

They were however on top of my pain... I walked around like crazy in a cirlce, over and over again.. LOL  I was very lucky in that they removed my drain the last day I was there.  I met with Dr.B and she said how thankful she was to have me as a patient and she just loved me.. No complications, very easy surgery.. She said during surgery she kept telling everyone.. I love this girl.. LOL  I thought that was so funny..

I go to my post op class Tuesday.. I hope they tell me I can eat something else but jello!! Oh please tell me I can.. I am turning into orange jello!!!

Cindy

*Surgery Scheduled for July 8th!! YAY
(deactivated member)
on 7/11/08 2:28 pm, edited 7/11/08 2:28 pm - AZ

Cindy,

We don't not have any recliners at PVH. I begged to get in a chair. The chair was so small your thighs go numb so you don't even feel it. I am already eating soft food but could eat more solid just have not yet. I hate jello !!!. I don't like how you have to stay in a chair till midnight. I have fibromaylagia and I had to rotate all the time. I had a major fibro flare but my fibro pain was worse that the incision pain. I had surgery July 2 and I was going to get discharged on July 3 but the pain was so bad I was hyperventilating. It was a whole big nightmare for me. Dr Schlesinger was fantastic thru out the ordeal. I am glad you like DR B. I hear great things about her. I wanted to go to her years ago but she does not take any other doctors left overs or revisions. I am real happy with my doctor. I had to call the office today and he got right on the phone. It really shows he cares about his patients. TTYL

Dawn

(deactivated member)
on 7/11/08 2:30 pm - AZ

The edit botton does not work on my post tonight. So I have many typo's

Dawn

beckipoohbear
on 7/11/08 3:19 pm - AZ

Way to go Cindy! Keep up the water drinking and walking and breathing.  And don't fret, you will get food back at the post-op class.  All of the delicious soft proteins you will soon tire of, but I swear to god, cottage cheese never tasted so good!

Rebecca

3  1/2 Marathons down!!! Getting ready to try a marathon!
Day of surgery - 252.5 Highest weight - 269 Goal weight - 134, reached!!

L. TP
on 7/11/08 3:44 pm

So glad things went well! 

Photobucket

Sandra C.
on 7/12/08 7:24 am - Phoenix, AZ

Welcome to the losers bench! hope you are feeling better and Lighter everyday!  

Most Active