Need Info

ScottAZ
on 7/11/08 11:45 am - Charleston, WV

Hello,

I hope everyone is doing well.  I have a question, is there a play i can take my cloths that no longer fit me and get credit so i can buy more..I really did not think i was not going to be able to fit into anything i own..uggg... 

liveinphx
on 7/11/08 2:22 pm - Phoenix, AZ

I think places like Buffalo Exchange may do credit like that. For cheap places to get replacement clothes I would suggest GoodWill especially when the have their 50% off Saturdays. Savers is also a good place to get clothes on the cheap

ginau
on 7/11/08 4:32 pm - mesa, AZ
Buffalo exchange is a great place, There  are a few around the valley.
maxaz1
on 7/12/08 2:13 am - Scottsdale, AZ

Yeah - it happens fast, doesn't it. You plan to wear bigger clothes longer (to be thrifty), but we can't have you walking around with your pants falling down! And anyway, it feels so good to wear smaller clothes that fit and show our smaller size.  After all those years of hiding in big loose clothing, I found that when I wore something I thought was too tight or clingy, people would invariably comment on my weight loss and how good I looked!  (not extreme, you understand. Just....normal....) "Fit" took on a whole new meaning.

Buy cheap, Scott. The 50% off at Goodwill is a good idea. They do post their sales online, so you can plan. http://www.goodwillcentralaz.org/shop/storeSpecials.shtml.  You will continue to lose so fast at this stage, that clothes will only fit for a couple of weeks. If you see a good bargain, but it's a little small, buy it. It will fit in a week or two. Really....

Post a picture, okay??  Take care,

Maxine

Cynthia Johnson
on 7/12/08 7:19 am

Try Twice as nice thy have mens clothes.

David S.
on 7/13/08 2:24 am

Been there, good place.

Dave from AZ     
David S.
on 7/13/08 2:23 am

Here's some suggestions that worked for me:

Sell your stuff on Ebay.  All of us who have been overweight know how expensive big sizes of clothing can be, especially in men's clothes.  Not an Ebay junkie, go to one of those sell your stuff at Ebay stores in your area.  I found many of my clothes were almost new still as I needed new.

Buy stuff at thrift stores/ebay.  If you're doing what you should, you will be blowing through clothes so quick, it really isn't worth blowing a ton of $$ on clothes until your weight has stabilized.  Consider doing laundry more frequently, or getting budget clothes at Walmart/Target for work that you may only wear for a month or two.  You can get better clothes once you are at goal.

Check out craigslist.com for the city area you live.  They tend to have more clothes for women than men.  I've been surprised how quickly people call on stuff you sell there.  You can quickly sell stuff there that you no longer need because it is not condusive to your new, more active lifestyle, and use the money for exercise stuff or clothes. 

Consider letting your clothes get baggy.  Something I did for a while was replace my work pants every 6 inches at first, and then every 4 inches as I got closer to goal.  A good belt will do wonders.   Got the $$ for new clothes?  Spend the $$, but I'm a cheap skate. 

Keep up the great work loosin!

Dave from AZ     
Most Active