A stupid question........

klyn13jwl
on 7/11/08 6:44 am - Lakeside, AZ
This is probably going to be one doosey of a stupid question.......what the heck is a revision?
Deanne K.
on 7/11/08 6:53 am - Tucson, AZ
It is a modification of your original surgery.  It is used mostly when surgeries fail or have mechanical problem.  lap-band to rny, rny to distal, etc .  Hope this helps
klyn13jwl
on 7/11/08 7:04 am - Lakeside, AZ
Thanks Deanne, I thought that maybe it was because you ate too much and you either, ate too much and stretched your stomach or the staples came out.....it is done with staples, right?  Or is it cut completely away from the larger part of the stomach?  Questions.....Questions.....Questions.  ;)
ginau
on 7/11/08 11:06 am - mesa, AZ

Kellyn

Revisions can be lots of things , converting from lapband to a rny procedure, shortening intestine,  pleating the pouch to make it smaller, schlerotherapy  to reduce the opening.  Some have revisions for mechanical failure , some for lack of weightloss or regain.

To avoid a possible revision - make sure you know what surgery your doing, how much will be  bypassed. knowing just that can make a huge differance.

Not everyone's body behaves the same way.  You might ask what the differance is between a  proximinal, distal and extended RNY is  -  the answer will surprise you.

klyn13jwl
on 7/11/08 12:51 pm - Lakeside, AZ
Jeanna,

That really clears things up. So you're saying that....before I have the surgery, I need to make sure and ask how much is going to be bypassed? I thought that it was all the same.....the large intestine was bypassed. Geesh. I'm glad I'm going to that class next weekend. I hope they have "Bypass for Dummies". Thanks a bunch.
Kellyn
Most Active