Self pay prices

misscrazO
on 7/10/08 3:56 pm - Kingman, AZ
I am here in Arizona and am trying to find out the prices of gastric bypass and lapband.  Anyone have a estimate?
L. TP
on 7/10/08 5:02 pm
I believe lap band is usually around 19,000 and RNY is about 32,000.  More and more insurance companies are covering it.  Try really hard to get a job with coverage.  All state employees have coverage and even most grocery stores.  Places like Pet Smart even have coverage now. Spend the money on new cloths instead! Lnz
Deanne K.
on 7/11/08 11:37 am - Tucson, AZ
It is not covered by State Employees without a fight.  It is excluded unless Medically Necessary.  You will have a fight, not that it's impossible.  They don't even have criteria for revisions, so I don't even know what I am fighting against yet.  They told us that you have to re-qualify like a new person, that's not going to happen for me.  I will be hiring a lawyer to fight again.  I had to fight 4 years ago and was a state employee then too.
(deactivated member)
on 7/11/08 3:07 pm - AZ

Deanne,

Did you get ahold of Gary V yet ? I will call you tomorrow night.

Dawn

liveinphx
on 7/11/08 10:03 am - Phoenix, AZ

Although I work for the County government WLS is excluded under our insurance coverage. Sadly while many plans do cover it many do not. I opted to have the Vertical sleeve procedure and opted to go to Mexico because what would have cost me 20K plus in the US was done for less than $9000 in Mexico. I had my surgery on 6/27 with Dr Francisco Contreras in Tijuana and had no problems whatsoever The surgeon, surgery and hospital were all top notch. I got much better and more attentive care then I ever would have in the US. I had surgery on Friday, went from the hospital to the hotel on Sunday and flew back to Phx on Monday. It could not have gone smoother. Since then I have had not problems getting in my liquids and protein and have not been in pain at all. I am moving along and now eating pureed foods with no problems. Just offering another option if you are self-pay and want to save 10K

(deactivated member)
on 7/11/08 3:10 pm, edited 7/11/08 3:11 pm - AZ
When I had my gastric bypass in 1997 it was about 22,000 dollars. They wanted to add more on to my bill but we had a agreement. I hear now adays  people pay cash and the hospital will turn around and charge you more. Some people pay it. I would not.
Deetle
on 7/16/08 3:13 am
Hi,
I had my surgery done in Mexico also, even though my insurance would pay somewhat.  My cost after insurance would have been around $12 thousand.  After much research and checking I had mine done in Mexico by Dr. Huacuz.  Total cost $7 thousand plus airfare.  I got wonderful care.  His website is [email protected].  I am 15 days past surgery and down 25 pounds (this includes pre-op weight loss).  Feeling great and couldn't be happier.
Dee

Rachel B.
on 7/16/08 9:49 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with
I'm having a VSG in Piedras Negras with Dr. Alvarez.  I'm driving a hybrid and paying $9850.  The band is around $6000.

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

ike_negro
on 7/16/08 2:21 pm - Tucson, AZ
Do you need a passport
Most Active