A photo of Juarez?

klyn13jwl
on 7/9/08 3:10 am - Lakeside, AZ
I was reading in a forum........not sure which one (I skip around, trying to learn as much about this surgery as I can) but she was talking about having an appointment with Dr. Juarez.  She said that this guys hand (she wasn't saying who the guy was.....a CNA, doctors assistant?) was shaking so bad she got out of there ASAP and never looked back.  She saw a different surgeon and had the surgery done there.  I'm wondering if there is a photo of Dr. Juarez anywhere.  Is he really that old?  My husband had an ingrown toe nail taken care of by an elderly doctor and he thought he was gonna die......hell, I thought he was gonna die (I was in the room with him while he was having it taken care of.  If anyone can direct me to a photo of the good doctor, I'd appreciate it.  I've already decided to have him do my surgery, just a little curious. Thanks,   Kellyn
klyn13jwl
on 7/9/08 4:09 am - Lakeside, AZ
I take it you weren't all that impressed with him.  What made you pick someone over him.  I see that he has done the most WLS.
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 7/9/08 5:43 am, edited 7/9/08 6:32 am - Tucson, AZ
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

Lady Lithia
on 7/9/08 3:57 pm
Dr. J is a great surgeon. Very steady hands. An artist. Surgically, he's the best. Here are my incisions after only one month: 

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

ginau
on 7/9/08 3:39 am - mesa, AZ

I looked but could not find one of him ,,  I have met him & he is not that OLD !!  I would guess him to be  early 50's -  I interviewed him when I was shopping for my surgery.   

Gena L.
on 7/9/08 5:25 am - Sun City, AZ
Dr Juarez is my surgeon.  He is definately NOT old. I would guess he is in his mid to late 40's. He has a few grey hairs but for the most part his hair is still very dark.  I don't have, nor have I seen a photo of him. ...nor have I ever seen Dr Juarez hands shake. His partner Dr. Fang is even younger.

klyn13jwl
on 7/9/08 5:37 am - Lakeside, AZ
that's what I thought.  Before I started out on this journey, I had seen, what I thought was a picture of him and Dr. Fang.  I didn't think he was old either.  But after reading that..........I wish that I could remember where, I kinda got scared.  I go to a seminar this weekend for Dr. Juarez.  My husband is going with me.  I'm very excited.
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 7/9/08 5:46 am - Tucson, AZ
I found Dr. Juarez to be a very kind, quiet, confident doctor.  I posted a photo of Dr. Juarez and myself at my one year checkup in Sep 07.  I would guess that he is in his early to mid-50's.  I never noticed him being nervous our shaky.
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

20candy07
on 7/9/08 7:06 am - Tolleson, AZ

Dr. J. is very kind.  I like him and I just saw him last week.  His hands do not shake. 

Gena L.
on 7/9/08 7:34 am, edited 7/9/08 7:37 am - Sun City, AZ
Two out of three say fifties...well I have never been really good at judging ages LOL!  The only thing about Dr Juarez is that at the seminars he is very quiet and soft spoken. I was surprised when I had my first appointment with him and he was much more talkative.  I have heard others say the same thing about him. His personality just does not come out at the seminars I guess. I have had a number of issues post-op....nothing that was directly related to my surgery though.  He has been wonderful with me everytime I have seen him and I most enjoyed him when he came to talk to me in pre-op holding just before my surgery..lots of smiles and assurances.  He has provided me with wonderful after care too and my husband liked him as well. Good luck with planning your surgery   Oops...I forgot to add that he will give you a choice of surgery at St Luke's or at Good Sam.  I chose Good Sam for reasons of my own but I hear St Lukes does an awesome job also.

Most Active