Plastics in One Week!

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 7/9/08 1:00 am - Tucson, AZ

I think it is finally hitting me.  I'm having LBL, Brachioplasty, fleur de lis in one week.  I haven't been sleeping well at night for a few days now and am in a "*****y" mood.  I can't wait for this to be over with and I am in the recovery mode.

Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

JRinAZ
on 7/9/08 1:20 am - Layton, UT
Becky!  Focus on "CURVES AHEAD"!!!!!   ...............Take control of your moody blues and make lists of things you can do from now til then.  i.e.  Search net for a new swimsuit (one that flatters your new tight and tiny body and doesn't need a Control panel!!!  LOL!).....Reorganize your closet into the healing stage clothes and the tight and sexy things youl'l be into by the Sept 20 O.H. event! ......Rent some old comedies or romances.........Make a list of people who need some help and do a Christmas in July 6 day version of the 12 days of Christmas!......Pick up some crafts that you enjoy and can do while in your recliner recovering.......gather e-mails and addresses now so you can shoot out updates to everyone.......stock your pantry with fun and healthy post-op goodies (freeze some homemade popscicles ahead of time).......bake up a couple of freezer meals to have on hand......head to the library to get some books on cd that you can listen to while chilling out........schedule some fun stuff with your girlfriends.......how bout a slumber party????  ........search the internet for plastic surgeon's sites and check out the amazing before/afters and wrap your brain around your new body coming your direction! .........Head to the gym and get really mean with a treadmill....the more you move before surgery the better your surgery will go!!!!  ..........and while you're coming up with some happy thoughts....send a few my direction.....I'm having a few struggles right now AND I have an appt with a periodontist this morning for a skin graft!  OUCH!                        Hang in there!  Give us a report of your pro-active postive actions for the day, K????
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 7/9/08 1:37 am - Tucson, AZ

Thanks Joyce.  Good advice as always.  Skin Graft....ouch is right.  I'll be thinking of you.

I have been getting together some comfy clothes that I can wear right after surgery (housecoats that snap up the front; sleeveless, button up blouses, pull on bottoms.  Will be going grocery shopping this weekend for some soup and stuff I can bring with me to the hotel.  I need to make that list of phone numbers for Joe so that he can let everyone know how I am after surgery!  I am a scrapbooker so I have that stuff all ready and have been stocking up on some movies to watch while I'm sitting in that recliner.  I have been checking out the "plastics" board and looking at some before and after photos.  I have complete faith in Dr. Gitt and the man upstairs.  I know what I'm feeling is "normal"!!!! 

You do know  that 20 Sep is also my 2nd re-birthday.

Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

azreggie
on 7/9/08 12:05 pm - Tucson, AZ
Hey Becky, I hope you don't drive yourself crazy while you wait for the day to get here, and it's not getting here fast enough. Or maybe its getting here too fast, like that other surgery we had. That life altering, wonderful surgery, that I'm sure this is only going to enhance. I can't wait to see all the after pictures!  Yay for you!  I hope I only get so lucky.  Congratulations.

Reggie

FLGail
on 7/9/08 6:07 pm - Sun City, AZ
Hi Becky, Good luck on your surgery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looking forward to meeting you on September 20th at the OH conference.                                   Gail
Most Active