FYI Support Groups

liveinphx
on 7/8/08 3:42 am - Phoenix, AZ
I got an email from Mike at Tempe St Lukes who says their support groups are for their patients only. I spoke with someone who is with WILAZ about the support groups at The Surgical hospital on 19th Ave and he said he thought it would be OK for folks that did not have their surgery through that program to attend the support group. He expressed concern about folks "promoting" whatever surgeon/program they had used. He seemed to think that so long as that did not occur there would be no problem.
(deactivated member)
on 7/8/08 3:48 am - AZ
Is that the new Bridges program that Joyce has been talking about that is open to everyone ? They hired new therapist and a new nutritionist.
liveinphx
on 7/8/08 5:47 am - Phoenix, AZ
I have no idea. That is the info I have been trying to find out. I heard there was a new group on Mondays but was unable to find out anything from St Lukes Tempe. If you know anything about it please let me know. Perhaps you can check with Joyce
ginau
on 7/8/08 6:17 am - mesa, AZ
St Lukes in Tempe  is for their pts only ..  You pretty much have  the Chandler  and west side OH groups,  Phx  St Lukes on 16th - I think you can find out info on the AZ forum  or just give the office a call ..  and of course read Joyce's  post .  
ginau
on 7/8/08 6:19 am - mesa, AZ
better directions here ...   click on  http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/AZ/  scroll  closer to bottom and on left side is some support group info.
liveinphx
on 7/8/08 6:37 am - Phoenix, AZ
I was aware of those support groups. What I was asking about was some info I had gotten last month about a NEW support group that was meeting at Tempe St Lukes on Monday nights. The group reportedly had just started in June and was going to be meeting the first Monday of the month. It was supposedly different from the already existing patient only groups that met on a different night. Apparently the info I had been given was incorrect. Sorry for any confusion.
ginau
on 7/8/08 6:44 am - mesa, AZ
here ya go -- I went back and found Joyce's post !!! Kelly from Bridges ST Luke's wanted me to put the word out that they
have a new pysch with them who will be facilitating their support
meeting tonight. The meetings are now open to ANY pre-op or post-op or
their support folks whether they are with the Bridges program or not.

The meetings are held in their new Bridges Educational Center which is
on the side wing of Phoenix St Luke's. 6:30 pm...Nutrition with Jenel
is open to all as well and begins at 5:00.

I'm going to try and make the meeting tonight. Maybe see some of you
there?
(deactivated member)
on 7/8/08 7:42 am - AZ
I would like to but I am not ready to go out. I over did it yesterday. I feeling it today.
grandma68
on 7/9/08 9:50 am - AZ
So did you go to that support group and was it really open to anyone?  Please give me phone number if you have it for St. Luke's Bridge's so I can call and get day and times for upcoming month.  Thanks, grandma68
JRinAZ
on 7/9/08 11:55 am - Layton, UT
Hey there, I sent you an attachment with all the support group details.  YES they are open to everyone!  Both of the Bridges groups are:  the one in Phoenix (see attachment for address) and the one at Mt Vista in East Mesa.                                Kelly's # at Bridges St Luke's is:  602.251.8828
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Most Active