One more hoop jumped

merryterry
on 7/7/08 3:04 pm - AZ
I met with my psych again today-it's a requirement as part of my insurance approval with Dr. Blackstone's office to get some behavior mod. My psych said he would write his letter this week! WOOHOO! He still wants me to come back and I want to but I'll wait until I get closer to an actual date. He was impressed with how much I know about WLS and all the research I've done. Now I only need one recorded weight from doctors visits for each of the past 5 years and I should be set to submit to insurance. My dr. in PA said they didn't have an approval from SBC although they said they sent it so I don't know what happened but I believe God orchestrates the timing in all things so whenever this happens will be all right. I was hoping this summer but am pretty sure that won't happen. Maybe October break when I can take some sick days with my break? I'll have to give up my niece's wedding in Maine, but if that's when it can be scheduled, so be it. My psych asked me if I wanted to wait till next summer and I said summer has advantages like I won't be under the stress of work to adjust to the new lifestyle, but who knows what other health issues could develop if I wait. But who knows. Maybe the insurance will want to give me the run around. I wanted to get to SBCs support group tonight but DH started a new job today and my psych appt. was late afternoon so it wouldn't work. But DH promised to go with me to the next one in two weeks. Maybe this will actually happen! I get excited thinking of the things I will be able to do and the confidence I will have-I developed a lot in the past few years and I'm pretty sure I'll grow more when I don't have the burden of being the fattest person in the room anymore (although I hate to delegate that to someone else:() I'm looking forward to getting great deals on clothes in thrift and consignment shops and buying cute shoes. I'm looking forward to doing home improvement like replacing doors-things I don't have the stamina for now.  And going canoing when I go back east and out on my brother's small sailboat and maybe even running a 5K! what a hoot that would be! Well, I keep y'all updated. Thanks for your support and openness and your stories. You all keep me and other's going! now I'm going to see if I can find one those weight ticker thingies.
(deactivated member)
on 7/8/08 1:59 am

You have a very positive attitude.   Glad to see the roadblocks did not get you down. 

Marie C.
on 7/8/08 2:05 am - Mesa, AZ
Congrats! I am just starting my behavior mod. I am nervous because I don't know what to expect. How many sessions was yours?
merryterry
on 7/8/08 2:26 am - AZ
ginau
on 7/8/08 3:50 am - mesa, AZ
Next meeting is a special Roundtable  discussion ..  I left the complete discussion at home - I'll try and post it later .  I do remember that Dr Sprunger is going to be talking about sleeve procedure !  Melissa is going to talk on nutrition after surgery. its going to be like  several topics dicussed  in small detail.... ?  
Most Active