Support Groups in AZ

JRinAZ
on 7/6/08 2:21 pm - Layton, UT
Hi all!  I've had a lot of requests for support group info so I'm just re-posting some of the details that I'm aware of.  I apologize if I've left out someone's group.  Please let us know about it.  I try to keep the list updated.......  Please print this out if you're interested .....I may not always be able to send out info in a timely fashion; when requested by so many

Support Groups for Arizona (updated July-2008)

These are open to EVERYONE!

East Valley:

Chandler WLS support Group – peer facilitated – 4th Tuesday of every month from 6 – 7:30 at Chandler Regional Hospital on Frye and Dobson in Conf rms 1 & 2. Enter from the East main entrance and take the elevators to the lower level. Rooms are just past the pharmacy.

Mountain Vista support group – professionally facilitated - We will be meeting at Mountain Vista Medical Center   -

1301 S. Crismon Road, Mesa, AZ

-         We are off the 60 at Crismon Road, behind the Home Depot Store.  You may park in the Outpatient Parking lot behind the Facility.  We will meet in Classrooms 3 & 4 – 2nd floor through the cafeteria upon entering the Outpatient entrance  the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 6:00 – 7:00pm.

The Banner Gateway Bariatric Center Support Group is open to all weight loss surgery patients no matter whom your surgeon is or where you had your surgery. Whether you are pre-op or post-op you are welcome to attend our meetings. Our support group offers a warm and welcoming environment where you will feel immediately at home.  1st Tuesday from 6-7 PM (dietician), 2nd Tuesday from 6-7 PM (exercise physiologist) and 3rd Thursday from 4:30 –6:00 pm (psych) They are held in the Grand Canyon III conf room just past the cafeteria.

Located on the SW corner of the US 60 and Higley Road in Mesa, AZ. For additional information please contact, 480-543-2606

Jenn’s Lapband support Group in Queen Creak (Jenn…what are the details?)

Phoenix/West Side:

The west side group meets on the 2nd & 4th Saturday of each month. The meetings take place at Banner Estrella Hospital, Conf Rm 3 from 10:30 to noon. The hospital is at Thomas Rd & 92nd Ave, just off the 101.

AZ WLS support group:  facilitated by Dr. Eric Schlesinger  The meetings are held the 3rd Saturday of each month from 3:30 to 5:00 pm.  They have been meeting at Tatum and the 101 at Dr. Schlesinger’s office but the group has outgrown that facility.  Check out his website under seminars/support groups for the future meeting place.  It will most likely be at Paradise Valley Hospital on Bell.

Dr. Terry Simpson’s support groups meet on the 3rd Thursday of the month from 6 – 7 at AZ Surgical Hospital on 19th and Maryland.  Details are on his website:  www.DrSiimpson.com

Other groups:

Scottsdale/Phoenix Mayo Clinic – Saturday (need more details)

Scottsdale Baritric – (these are for their patient’s only)

Tempe St Luke’s

Prescott Valley

Flagstaff

Tucson

Sierra Vista

Arizona Weight Loss Institute

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

flyrep
on 7/6/08 3:20 pm - AZ
looks like I will be attending Mountain Vista support group!

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
Hard Core Constitutionalist
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

Deanne K.
on 7/7/08 1:23 am - Tucson, AZ
Dr. Blackstone Support Group in Tucson is the 1st Saturday of the month to be held at Sherton on Grant Road from 10:00-11:30.  The is for SBC patients only. St. Joseph's is the last Saturday of the month at St. Joseph's Auditorium from 10:00-12:00 open to everyone. Tucson NOAG is Last Thursday of the Month at 7:00 at UMC Rm. 5408, open to all.   I can't recall the other TUSWLS ones and the times.  One is at Northwest Hospital and one on the east side of town at a church.  You can check those out at the TUSWLS Yahoo group.
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 7/7/08 3:08 am - Tucson, AZ

Tucson....... 

NorthWest meeting 7-8:30 PM each 3rd Monday of the month at the Northwest Medical Center Classrooms A-D 6200 N LaCholla Blvd. Classrooms are off the main lobby behind the cafeteria. New attendees in classroom D at 6:30 PM.
---- Eastside meeting 7-8:30 PM on the first Tuesday of each month at Evangelical Covenant Church, 551 N. Camino Seco, between Broadway and Speedway, on the West side of the street. As always new attendees will be at 6:30.

Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

JRinAZ
on 7/7/08 5:38 am - Layton, UT
Thanks Becky and Deanne for sending in the Tuscon details.  I now have an organized support group list on WORD so I can give info as requested.  I still need details on the following and hope other lurkers will step forward to provide info.                                                                                                    Scottsdale Bariatric - Mayo Clinic - Tempe St Luke's - Prescott - Flagstaff - Sierra Vista - Arizona Weight Loss Institute - Dr. Simpson's group - Dr. Nirmuls group and Jenn's Lapband group
Joyce 

ginau
on 7/7/08 5:32 am - mesa, AZ

Scottsdale Bariatric  meets tonight at 6:00 - 7:30 at the hospital on Shea  - next meeting is 3rd Wed of Month 1st Monday and 3rd Wed  - for  Blackstone pt's only - unless you can go as a guest ... 

JRinAZ
on 7/7/08 5:44 am - Layton, UT
I would love to be someone's guest tonight?  Anyone consider going to supper with me first and then going?  .... thanks for posting the info Jeanna...I've added it to my Word doc
Joyce 

deludel
on 7/10/08 12:47 pm - Chandler, AZ
Thank you for this post! I had surgery with Scottsdale Bariatric, but live in the SE Valley, so it's not easy to get up there (and with GAS prices!!) .. will try the Chandler one. Really appreciate it!

~ Lori   (Started at 288lbs on 6/16 .. counting down to 150lbs)

I live my life guided by logic .. don't tell me what to do, tell me WHY to do it!

Most Active