Need A Mentor

liveinphx
on 7/6/08 12:01 am - Phoenix, AZ
I am 10 days post-op and just starting to be able to have something other than protein shakes. I am looking for a mentor, guide, support I am not even sure of the best word. I understand my surgeon's guidelines that is not the issue I have a nutritinonist available so that is not the issue I just want someone who has been there and done that. Someone I can have contact with on a more consistent basis rather than just posting on the board I know about the local support groups and have attended and intended to do so again. LIke most folks, so I have heard, I am starting to worry myself that I "won't be able to do it", and so on.  I would really prefer someone in AZ. Thanks
(deactivated member)
on 7/6/08 12:41 am, edited 7/6/08 12:42 am - AZ
 I am 3 days post op. But have been thru this before. Alot has changed since 1997.When I started out like you I went to the meetings and met people. Before you know you have a great big group od support people around you. Some give them their home phone number or cell. Some give them your personal email address. These support groups are great. My surgeons name is Dr Schlesinger and he hold his own group meeting for any one that wants to go. Pre and Post op/ Or just to get information. You can bring family members or friends. We get people that are preop and postop because he runs his own group and their free. I believe is next meeting is July 26 and it will be at Paradise Valley Hospital because we had alot of people at the last time. I now the a program just open up I beleive with Dr Juarez and Dr Fang. It is going to be run by 2 new Pscyologist . It is now open to everyone. There is no charge either and it is a good way to see and meeting people that Have had syrgery or just preop or Doctor shopping. WestValley WLS has a support group and so does Chandlier. My spelling is bad because Ihad my revision on Wednesday and disharged on Friday. But my spelling is bad anyways bit worse on a buzz. I am inthe process that had been there done that but I am no expert. But there is many experts on site would be happy to help you. I could help to a point than. I talk to my doctor and he anwers all my question. Dr Schlesinger is very good about it.
liveinphx
on 7/6/08 1:06 am - Phoenix, AZ

Thanks for the prompt reply. I have been to the support group by Desert Ridge and plan to attend teh new one at St Lukes which meets tomorrow. The one at Banner Estrella is too far, especially with Gas 4.15/gal I am not so much looking for Dr answers as I am connecting with someone on a more human level

(deactivated member)
on 7/6/08 1:55 am - AZ
You will fid a good friend at one of these meetings. St Lukes meeting are far for me. I am on social scerity disablities. I plan on going to St lukes ones but I am just 3 days out. Maybe the next one they have. I can't drive for a while. My incision  is bigger than than revisions because he had alot other work to do inside. If You want to care pool St Luke's I would be happy to.You can email your cell or home phone and We can talk. Use the private mail.  Those gas prices are crazy. Thanks, Dawn
JRinAZ
on 7/6/08 4:22 am - Layton, UT
Hi there Liveinphx!                                                                                                                                                   My guess is that you could shoot personal messages to anyone on this AZ forum and get tons of TLC and support.  Can you come to the Phoenix area support groups?  I've connected on a personal level with so many dear friends by attending events and support meetings.  It seems like my "new BEST" friend is always someone I just chatted with at support group!........If you need a post-op Angel then just holler at any of us!    There are many ANGELS amonst us! 
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 7/6/08 7:45 am - Tucson, AZ
Ditto that JOYCE. 
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

Gwynn M.
on 7/6/08 9:50 am - Tucson, AZ
This is a GREAT picture of both of YOU!!   You guys look so YOUNG & THIN!!  Beautiful SMILES from beautiful ladies!!
Most Active