packing

RedSirenn
on 7/4/08 2:38 pm - Mesa, AZ
I just started packing my bag for the hospital. What should I take with me? What was it that you enjoyed having with you or you wished you had had.

Starting Weight: 230   Current Weight: 186   Goal Weight: 140 
thdreamcinderella.gif image by kscollin25hope_faith_love.gif image by kscollin25zzzzzsplendor.jpg image by kscollin25

ginau
on 7/4/08 3:10 pm - mesa, AZ
CHAPSTICK !!!!  AND A HAIR BRUSH
beckipoohbear
on 7/4/08 3:58 pm - AZ
I brought 2 changes of underwear (old ones just in case things were leaky), slippers with hard soles for walking the halls (I actually wore these to and from the hospital), a short sleeve robe that snapped up the front. This was the best item I bought, it was short sleeved so the IV wasn't a problem and it was short in length but long enough to cover everything without having to worry. I didn't have to worry about my butt hanging out of the gown and it was way more comfortable than having a gown on backwards to cover things. I picked it up at Dillards for about $20 and it was the best thing I bought. Brought chapstick, never touched it. Brought my ipod, never touched it (although I had somebody staying with me in the room and lots of visitors so that's probably why). I also brought my laptop as I feel lost without it. I brought a book but wasn't really focused enough to read, jus****ched tv. Rebecca
3  1/2 Marathons down!!! Getting ready to try a marathon!
Day of surgery - 252.5 Highest weight - 269 Goal weight - 134, reached!!

L. TP
on 7/4/08 6:18 pm
I advise, bring as little as possible. -  wear comfy pjs to hospital.  You will change out of them when you check in, so you can leave the hospital with those! - slippers for walking the halls! - soft throw blanket from home - hair brush - lip gloss/chapstick - shampoo/conditioner.  They let you take a shower on day 3. -  hair tie/band to pull your hair back with. I brought magazines but never touched them.  You will want to rest as much as they let you! Hugs! Lnz
(deactivated member)
on 7/7/08 3:03 pm

This is my list for the hospital.  Hope it helps. 

slippers, a good lip moisturizer, comb/brush, toothbrush/paste favorite pillow great for ride home and/or blanket throw, Baby wipes (quick easy way to bathe if you cannot get up and shower,  and a CD player with headphones and soothing, meditative music (helpfull when trying to sleep in hospital).

Av8trx
on 7/7/08 6:16 pm - north-central, AZ
I was glad to have my earplugs with me.   =) My other necessities were my lip balm, toothbrush, robe, and hair tie.  I didn't use my iPod either.  There was too much going on with the walking, sipping, or getting my vitals taken (lol), and when there wasn't, I was sleeping. - Kailolu  

(deactivated member)
on 7/8/08 10:01 am - AZ
This sounds like Family Feud questions. My choice would be tooth paste and deoderant. Did not need underware. Need my special mickey mouse blanket. It was good for sleeping in the chair. Blistex. Short summer robe. My own pillow. Hairbush. Thats all I needed....
Most Active