blackstone pre-op diet

RedSirenn
on 7/4/08 2:25 pm - Mesa, AZ
Does Dr. Blackstone make her patiences fallow a pre-op diet.

Starting Weight: 230   Current Weight: 186   Goal Weight: 140 
thdreamcinderella.gif image by kscollin25hope_faith_love.gif image by kscollin25zzzzzsplendor.jpg image by kscollin25

L. TP
on 7/4/08 2:31 pm
Nope.  She requires you to loose 10% of your excess weight though.  I still did a week of liquid diet (for the exception of one dinner) though.  I was so happy that I did. Lnz
ginau
on 7/4/08 3:08 pm - mesa, AZ
Cassie or one of the nutritionist will sit down and give you some guideline to start following , dime size bites, putting fork down between bites,  no water ... etc....   Dr B will cancel your surgery  if you weigh more on your  final pre-op appt.  than when you came in... it tells her your not serious about the lifestyle change ...  I followed Adkins  and didnt have any problems ...
quiltz
on 7/5/08 1:29 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Dr. B. wanted me to lose 10% of my weight.  As motivated as I was for my surgery, the idea of a "diet" just seemed too much!  I went on Slimfast Shakes for breakfast and lunch and had just what I wanted for dinner.  Lost 35 pounds and wasn't ever hungry either!  After surgery, I was glad I had lost the pre-op weight and was even happier that I no longer worried about being deprived of food. 
Most Active