June 25th was one year!

gawump
on 7/3/08 12:37 am - Farmington, NM

Well, it has been a year already!  I had my appointment at Dr. Blackstone’s office last week.  Everything looks good except my vitamin D and potassium levels are low.  They do not act like it will be too hard to treat.  And my total weight loss in the first year…  DRUM ROLL PLEASE… 241lbs.  I feel awesome!  I go for a long walk a minimum of 5 days a week, and ride my bike in the evenings, usually several miles (average about 7 miles a day).  Life is good…

Richard

A journey of a thousand steps begins with the first one

LAP RNY 06/25/2007

ginau
on 7/3/08 12:44 am - mesa, AZ
Wow !!  That is awesome ...   I can hardly believe it was a year ago ...  Give the girls a hug !!
gawump
on 7/7/08 6:04 am - Farmington, NM
Thank you, I will give the girls a hug...  We are still trying to work out the finaces of moving to Flagstaff...  I would really like to pursue my masters, but funding it has been a real challenge. Richard

A journey of a thousand steps begins with the first one

LAP RNY 06/25/2007

aboymom
on 7/3/08 12:49 am
WOW!  What an inspiration.  You must be a new person!  CONGRATULATIONS!
Sarah B.
on 7/3/08 12:58 am - Tucson, AZ
That's so awesome!!! Congratulations on your "new" life!  My 4 year surgiversary was June 30th!  I'm down 145 pounds and have maintained since for 2 and a half years.  I also just had reconstructive surgery to get rid of the extra skin!   Congrats again!  Isn't it a GREAT feeling?!
RayM
on 7/3/08 2:23 pm - Surprise, AZ
WOW 241 lbs?  That is AWSOME!  If I could get a 1/3 of that off me it will be GREAT!
Most Active