I need help!

merryterry
on 7/2/08 2:34 am - AZ
OK. my mind is not where it is supposed to be here. I've gotten in touch again with my surgeon's office after not actively moving with the WLS thing all spring. Now we keep going back and forth between my old dr. in PA not doing what I asked them to do and them saying they don't a release of info for me. I also have a few sessions with a counselor regarding behavior modification. I have an appt. for Monday. Also, I have been eating pretty much whatever whenever, esp. since I'm on summer break. I haven't been exercising even though I bought a stepper trainer to use at home-my feet hurt when I use it. I even bought a scale which I have never owned before. I need to get this thing on project status in my life. I WANT to be one of you who gets to goal weight and feels better and looks better. I'm so tired of being like this. I NEED to lose weight for all kinds of reasons-I have a whole list of obesity related conditions I seem to be adding to every few months. So I guess I'm asking for your prayers, your good thoughts, whatever it is you do to support people on this board. Please! Well, I promised to help SIL with her move today. Have to admit it kind of rankles me. She and my baby brother are moving into a brand new house which DH and I will never be able to-DH has an old head injury and has had a hard time keeping a job since we moved to AZ almost two years ago. I guess I'm jealous of the new house on a few levels-even though I'm happy about our smaller mortgage payments. DHs job situtation-which is not his fault, God bless him, is a source of stress and frustration on several levels as I try to deal with it and him. Sigh.
Deanne K.
on 7/2/08 3:45 am - Tucson, AZ
Robin, As far as I know if you sign a medical release they have 30 days to send records to you or to your physician.  They are your records.
jonijo
on 7/2/08 5:25 am - Buckeye, AZ
Wow. No wonder your mind is not where it's supposed to be. You have alot on your plate. I have been in the same situation,very recently, just different trials. After putting things off for a long time, I decided WLS was what I wanted. My diabetes was bad, and I had nueropathy in my feet and legs, high blood pressure, and I was so tired of feeling like crap, I had no energy and couldn't enjoy anything anymore. So I went after it with a vengence. I got all approved with Dr Villares and had a surgery date when he split with Good Sam. So the same day I got an appointment with my new surgeon. You have to go after this the same as you would if you child needed a surgery. You make sure the old Dr has the release, send a new one if need be, call and verify they recieved it the same day or next day. Get the tests, get the appointments, do everything as urgently as you can. This is for your health. Do it for everyone who loves you. The sooner you do it the sooner you will feel better and be happier! I got my band 6 days ago and I know it's going to be fantastic! Everyone can support you and pray for you,and you have that from me, but it has to be you that makes it happen. It's time to take care of you.

Deweyscts
on 7/2/08 5:46 am - Scottsdale, AZ
Ditto Jonijo's response...... Dewey
L. TP
on 7/2/08 5:51 am
Going to support group meetings in person is crutial for you! Since you have the summer off there is no excuse!  We all go so you can even catch a few of us at one or the other.  Please get into support group asap.  It will get you back on track especially with counseling.  Best wishes. Lyns
jonijo
on 7/2/08 6:14 am - Buckeye, AZ
Is there a support group schedule or someway to know when and where they are? I really need to get to them too. I haven't done that yet.

L. TP
on 7/2/08 7:17 am
There is a regular west side support group as well as north phoenix and scottsdale.  Post a thread.  I know Joyce always posts for support groups.  Scottsdale Bariatric does them live online chats if nothing else.  Its still better to attend if you can...
Gina M.
on 7/2/08 8:51 am
Where is the West side location or who is the contact person? Thanks
Most Active