Protein Shakes??

dramqueen6
on 7/2/08 7:54 am - Glendale, AZ
When should I start with the protein shakes?  Is this immediatley after surgery?  Also which ones can you recomend that dont taste too bad?? 

Cindy

*Surgery Scheduled for July 8th!! YAY
beckipoohbear
on 7/2/08 8:25 am - AZ
Have you had your preop class yet?  They should cover all of this.  With our program you don't start until the 1 week post-op class.  Then you only drink them for 1 month.  We are only allowed to use clear protein drinks.  They recommend the Zero Carb Isopure, Profect Bullets and New Whey Bullets.  I only used the Isopure because it was ready to drink and tasted decent very very chilled.  My favorite flavors were the Apple Melon, the blue raspberry one, and the pineapple orange banana (i think that was the combo).  The alpine punch was NASTY.  I did get one of each flavor to start with so I could see what flavors I liked best and then when I went back I only got the flavors that I liked. Rebecca
3  1/2 Marathons down!!! Getting ready to try a marathon!
Day of surgery - 252.5 Highest weight - 269 Goal weight - 134, reached!!

azreggie
on 7/2/08 9:43 am - Tucson, AZ
I love the Nectars(lomonade, strawberry kiwi and fuzzy navel) I just discovered a new one called Ultimate Protein by GNC ,(Eggface on the main rny board recommended it) I bought a 5 lb tub of it and I love the chocolate, no protein after taste.

Reggie

20candy07
on 7/2/08 1:22 pm - Tolleson, AZ

ooo chocolate...I think I will go buy some. How much was the tub at GNC?  I hate the vanilla. Disguising it doesn't work for me.  I've never bought chocolate. 

I would recommend getting a whole bunch of different flavors to ensure you take your protein quota for the day.  The new whey bullets in punch are wonderful if you can t take the protein powder. 

Nicole W.
on 7/2/08 5:08 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
On Dr. Blackstone's post-op plan, you do not start protein drinks until your post-op class... usually 1 week after surgery.   I did the Worldwide Protein Shakes that they sold at Sprouts, I think they sell them at Hi-Health and GNC now... my favorite was Strawberry and the Chocolate over some ice, twice a day. Isopure is extremely sweet, unless you water it down...  now I can handle them, but as a early post-op I couldn't.   Otherwise I bought the Soy Protein powder at Sprouts and made a shake with ice and water... the rest of the stuff was too chalky for my tastes. Good Luck! ~Nicole

TinkerBell

L. TP
on 7/2/08 5:51 pm
Rebecca is right.  Personally, I am doing the Isopure and quite well.  I actually like the fruit punch and Orange Ice best.  I actually do half Isopure and half crystal ligh****er if I find that I am having trouble.  I mix strawberry kiwi splenda with fruit punch isopure. I mix orange flavor in with orange ice and it tastes just like orange juice.  Keep them in the fridge. The colder the better.  Hi Health sells Isopure way cheaper than GNC. I have the Nectar powders, can't even do them or any powder.  They all taste horrible to me. Lyns
Most Active