3 Years post-op and BMI 0f 16

Katie S.
on 6/30/08 5:24 pm - Mesa, AZ
Not good right?? I need some help her.  My hole family is routing for me and my dr (Dr, Fang, Arizona)  Seems to think I am fine now and would like to see me put on a few pounds but... uhhh I am 5'9"' and 110lbs.  I used to be 288!  I was put into the hopsitial about two months ago at 107lbs.  They kept an eye on my and found out I had an ulcer that gave me a stricture so nothing could stay down.  Well after being on meds the ulcer died down and I was about to slowly gain a little weight but still very lethargic and pail looking.  My mom was so worried we rushed to the docs.  I was addmitted for another 5 days and had another dialation (3 total), gave me a blood transfusion and looked and they say my stricture has been resolved.  Well.. I do not think it has. When I went home they sent me home with a central like (TPN) to try and gain some weight.  My weight jumped up to 115lbs which was great.  I told him I was able to eat more normal foods just at the rate I had right after sugury. Well Now I have been throwing up almost everything I eat and everyone thinks I am anerexic!  Who would ever think I did not love food!!!! LoL!! Anyways Im seeing a different doc for another opinion and he is sending me through a vigourous amounts of blood test, cat scat, and an upper GI. Please pray for me.  I want to get getter so bad.  I have a little girl and I seem to be so tired and malnutritioned all the time.. I can't even catch up to her!  :) Any advice, impute? 
aboymom
on 6/30/08 11:40 pm
I don't have a single ounce of advice but I hate that you are going through this.  I am SO glad you are going to another doctor.  Something doesn't sound right!  I'm 5' 10'' and I can't imagine how you feel at 107 pounds.  Please take care of yourself.  Maybe you need to talk to someone professionally to make sure this isn't an emotional side effect of the surgery.  I can't imagine that it is since it is so serious but I have had my mind play some crazy tricks on me.  It only took a couple of counseling visits to realize it and straighten everything out.  That is the only reason I thought of that since it had happened to me.  You need to fuel your engine to keep you with your little one.  I know mine would see a weakness with me and RUN WITH IT if given the chance.  Good luck and stay on the boards so we can give you the little bit of help that we can.
Av8trx
on 7/1/08 8:41 am - north-central, AZ
Katie, Can you keep liquids down?  If so, I'd recommend sipping protein drinks through the day.  I sometimes make mine pretty thin by using a shaker cup rather than whipping it in the blender.   Your body needs the protein and can break down the excess into carbs and fat - which it sounds like you need a boost on anyway.  Hopefully that will give you a bit more energy and help your body heal. - Kailolu

Most Active