Sleep study results are in

(deactivated member)
on 6/30/08 3:58 am

I know this sounds crazy but I wanted to have sleep apnea so I could get approved easier.  I know, crazy right.   Before I had the sleep study I thought this will help me get approved the first time instead of  being denied.  Now that I have had the study and know more about sleep apnea I have been praying not to have it.  So I have felt really conflicted and guilty for the last two weeks and now the results are in and I feel horrible.  You get what you wish for is really true.  I am now a owner of a new CPAP machine or I will be once the referral is done.  At least I now have a excuse for falling asleep in class. Sleeping

L. TP
on 6/30/08 5:39 am
We all go through this.  I remember finding out all of the serious issues I had and then getting denied. I was left there not able to have the surgery and left to deal with all of my problems.  Fortunately, I won my appeal.  Try to remind yourself, it is what it is and make this more modivation to take this big leap in your life.  It will make it that much sweeter. Lyns
aboymom
on 6/30/08 7:21 am

I posted this EXACT same thing a few months ago.  But I have to tell you, it took forever to get my machine and then there was a problem with the mask and the doctor's office wantrf to charge me for another mask refit.  THEY DIDN'T EVEN FIT ME FOR THE LAST ONE!  But that is a whole other story.  I am not even going there, so I am not using my machine. When I got approved, I decided to not even address it.  I have a CPAP machine in my bedroom without a mask.  WHAT A WASTE!  I figure my apnea was VERY mild and I will be loosing weight soon, so I am not even trying to use mine. 

merryterry
on 6/30/08 10:57 am - AZ
First-aboymom-where did you get the cpap machine from-I got mine from a home medical supplier-can the source help you? 2nd-i've been using the cpap for may 6 weeks and I find I feel more energetic-what me-energetic?-I don't usually feel all droopy like I used to. I still like a short nap in the afternoon but it's easier to go without if I have to. I was told people who sleep better are slimmer so I'm still waiting for that...
aboymom
on 6/30/08 11:47 pm
The medical supplier was great, the doc's office is whom seems to not know what to do.  But the sleep center has called SEVERAl times and I haven't called back so it is more my fault than anyone else.  All I wanted was approval.  Once I got that I kind of left the whole sleep thing behind.  I didn't feel like I had ANY complications from sleep apnea.  Yeah, I snore but my husband is saying that it isn't as bad lately.  I've lost a little weight, maybe that is it?  They say the cut off for having a machine is 5 episodes a night.  I had 6.  I know I am self diagnosing here but I think that is pretty dang mild.  I've heard of people in the hundreds.  And my snoring is a new phenomenon.  Only since I gained the last 20-30 pounds.  Anyway, that is my story and I'm sticking with it.  Maybe not a good choice but...
Garys
on 6/30/08 1:27 pm - Mesa, AZ
The CPAP (BIPAP in my case) changed my life. Having Sleep Apnea sucks. Having undiagnosed sleep apnea is worse. Once you get the right treament (machine, proper fitting mask etc) you can change your life. One of my goals with the WLS is cure or better my sleep apnea problem, but with the mask I have at least "woken back up" in my life and can get through movies without falling alseep during the middle.  
goldilochs17
on 6/30/08 2:00 pm - AZ
I had the sleep study done and they said I have sleep apnea but not enough to warrant the CPAP machine. Does that still count? I mean as far as getting approved goes?
(deactivated member)
on 7/1/08 2:08 am
It depends on your insurance.  I think once they see the words sleep apnea, even if it is mild, it will still help you. Melissa
(deactivated member)
on 6/30/08 3:37 pm - AZ
Melissa, Once you have your surgey you will getting rid of that cpap machine. I kinda wish I still had mine. Maybe I would have been able to sleep maybe 4 years. I can't even sleep at night. I sleep better in my recliner. I hope to god they have recliners at PVH. If they don't I might not be sleeping at night. Evan when I was in the hospital last, The nurses could not believe I was all night with them. Than at 6am I want to crash and go to bed. I will keep you update. I not even nervous yet. Maybe that will hit me tomorrow. Dawn
Most Active