I am home

ScottAZ
on 6/25/08 10:40 am - Charleston, WV
Well folks had the surgery on monday and why did no one tell me it was going to feel like this ugg..I feel like two mack trucks ran me over. Dr.S sent me home at 120p today. i will post more later, time for bed hugs
(deactivated member)
on 6/25/08 11:28 am
Scott,  Glad you are home, hopefully you start to feel better once you are in your own surroundings.  Sorry about the truck thing, no disclosure to sign before they hit you with that one.  Melissa  
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 6/25/08 11:32 am - Tucson, AZ

Scott

Good to hear that you are home.  You will feel much better after a week or so.  Give it time and get some rest.  Don't forget to sip sip sip and walk walk walk.

Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

L. TP
on 6/25/08 12:20 pm
I can so relate!  I felt the same way...it gets better...slowly. Lyns
(deactivated member)
on 6/25/08 1:05 pm, edited 6/25/08 1:06 pm - AZ
Okay Scott tell me what I have to expect ? I am glad your home. Was the pain real bad ? Did get a good look at the guys that ran you over ? I sure want to avoid them at any cost. Really, I hope you feel better in the morning.I just don't know really what to say because my turn is Tuesday. I have to worry about my blood thinners and I am I a drug patch and how it will be controlled with Dr S gave me for postop pain. Did you get your children back yet? When you feel better tell us about the hospital and how wonderful DR S was to you. When I have alot of knee pain I have ice on it forever and it really helps. Get Well and we shall talk soon. If you need anything just post it and I will email you my phone # and help you out. Just relax and sleep. Dawn
jenniebr
on 6/25/08 1:47 pm, edited 6/25/08 1:47 pm - queen creek, AZ
Scott, I hope you still feel the love buddy!  By this time next month you will have forgotten the pain and be well on your way to a healthier you!!!   Remember to walk and stay hydrated.  I will check in on you Thursday afternoon to let you sleep in. but call if you need anything............... Dawn my good friend your turn is Wednesday!
Jen
Banded 12/15/05
At goal-7/14/06
Total Loss-140 pounds
Sandra C.
on 6/25/08 2:06 pm - Phoenix, AZ
It is hard when it hurts to move and sleep in a different position.  The thing that really lasted with me was being tired and feeling weak all the time. Dr. J. told me he wanted me to walk 2 miles a day and I told him he was crazy, I wanted a temp parking pass for work.  Of course that didn't happen! It took me a whole month to get my strength back. I had open surgery though and was on the table 4 hours. You will hopefully be feeling stronger in a week. Congratulations on having the courage to have the surgery! It's a big decision. Now just take it easy and lose weight!
ginau
on 6/25/08 2:26 pm - mesa, AZ
Dude --  Glad your home - beats Hosp anytime   Dont worry about the truck that hit ya ---  they didnt have their lights on ,, Besides I hear their insurance pays crappy ...  Stick  to your recliner - its your besy friend right now!  Wait a day to get the kids back home - they going to be excited  to see you and will wear you out quicker than you think !  and stay inside !! its too hot to walk to the mailbox .... Bag of peas  for pain / keep a couple on hand and lay on incission , shot glass next to the loratab  and  a bottle of water ..  take the med before the pain  is too much - at a  6-7 level than 9 -10 level !!!
Deanne K.
on 6/25/08 2:50 pm - Tucson, AZ
Scott, I can so relate to the mac truck.  I remember them wheeling me into the room after surgery.  As they were getting me settled, they asked me how I felt.  I do remember telling them that I felt like I was run over by a Mac truck.  Glad to hear you are doing good and on your way to recovery.  Keep in touch and let us know how your doing. Deanne
(deactivated member)
on 6/26/08 10:38 am, edited 6/26/08 10:38 am - AZ
Scott, Where are you ? I am wonder how your feeling after those 2 guys ran you over with the Mac Trucks. I figure since you have not posted you might be sleeping alot. Thats what I do after I have surgery. The day before surgery you can only have clear liquids. What kinds of clear liquid? My MOM is making a pot of homade chickin soup. I might drink the whole pot. She made some the other day and I must had 6 or more cups of soup to drink. This soup you can see the bottom of cup so the is allowed for the day before. Was the day before really hard for you on clear liquids? Are you getting all your fluids in and walking ? Hugs !!! Dawn
Most Active