If you had a choice of these 3 surgeons who would you choose and why?

ginau
on 6/26/08 10:50 pm - mesa, AZ
It's all about $$ Money $$ !! Now a question - since blackstone's office has decided not to proceed can you get an exception  and go to another Dr ??   seems  if the procedure is in policy for them - then they need to find a way to accomodate you....
KimmieAZ
on 6/26/08 5:21 pm
If you aren't paying for it yourself, maybe it wouldn't hurt to get a copy of everything you sent to the original doctor, then send a copy of everything to all of those doctors. Then call them to see if any of them can schedule an appointment. That way they have everything they need to determine if they want to see you or not. Just tell them your PCP wanted you to find out first before she filled out the referral form. Then see who takes the bait and take that name to your PCP to get the referral and authorization. Another thing you can ask for, if your PCP is willing to play games, is get a referral to two or more of those doctors by using different reasons. For example, get a refferal to abdominal surgeon Fang to r/o duodenal ulcer or something, assuming you have some documented symptoms to justify the referall. That gets you in the door. Then get a refferal for bariatric surgey evaluation from dr. simon. Just for example.
(deactivated member)
on 6/26/08 5:42 pm, edited 6/26/08 5:43 pm - AZ
Why can't you just get a refferal from your PCP for all 3 surgeons at the same time. Thats what I did. I had appt with 2 doctors in the same week and the 3 rd doctor the following week. From there I made my final choice on who I wanted. Than I could also see how their office is run and make sure I could get thru to talk to them.  I got to see the office staff in action. I liked the office staff and they were very nice.  My third doctor was the best and I hired him. My insurance paid for all three consults.
KimmieAZ
on 6/26/08 6:58 pm
three referrals for one diagnosis or code is not a luxury for medical indigents or on the dole. that would be duplication, or in this case, triplication.
klyn13jwl
on 6/27/08 3:13 pm - Lakeside, AZ
Is Dr Schlesinger one of the doctors that is covered under Medicare?  I believe that Banner Good Sam is a hospital that is covered by Medicare....just wondered if he was. 
(deactivated member)
on 6/27/08 5:32 pm - AZ
I am the medical indigents. I have medicare and it is a hmo advantage plan. It is no Luxury for me. For my orginal surgery I had to get a loan for $25,000 to pay my doctor and hospital bill. This time I am a luckey one to health insurace to pay for it. There is nothing wrong having the same diagnosis on Three refferals. I want to have the best surgeon. 278.00 is the correct code for obesity in triplication
Most Active