Why bypass over lap band????

20candy07
on 6/21/08 3:54 am - Tolleson, AZ

Oh wow...Canada.  That is a long way to come and have surgery.  I've heard excellent feedback with regards to Dr. Blackstone.  She was recommended by the endocrinologist to my son.  He's been a diabetic since he was 12.  A type I diabetic and now that he's 32 it's starting to take it's toll on his body.  I only saw Dr. Juarez twice before I had my surgery and very briefly in pre-op and very briefly during my hospital stay and very briefly during my post-op check up.  I would say a total of 1.5 hours. I think I waited longer to see him then the visits with him.   The info from the pre-op classes and post op classes are very informative.  You should try and attend the Chandler Support Group if you will be staying in southwest Mesa.  I believe there are support groups in Mesa as well.  They have some good info and they can answer your questions and relieve some of the anxiety we often feel after surgery. 

Take care,

Candy

motorhomemama
on 6/21/08 7:58 am - Okotoks, Canada
Thanks Candy .  I'd really like to keep in touch with you.  How wave things been for you since the RNY, any problems?  Thanks Eydie
342/298/280175  highest / surgery  wtNov 19/08/ current/ goal
20candy07
on 6/21/08 9:58 am - Tolleson, AZ

Hi Eydie,

I've added you to my friend's list.  I'll send you email.  You will be fine with Dr. B.  October is a good time to come to AZ as the weather is nice too.  Right now we are at 114 today per the weather channel.  It's toasty. I had to have my palm trees trimmed away because the buds were dropping in my pool.  

I am having some pain in my pouch because I just ate too fast had to stop in the middle of my beef stew.  Eating fast is not on the program. 

Regards,

Candy

Sarah V.
on 6/23/08 1:26 am
Eydie - It sounds to me like you made the right choice for your personal situation.  I have only been diabetic for a little over a year...in fact I found out about during my pre-op diet phase.  So, I had some time to get the weight off and didn't need the instant cure that RNY seems to be.  After dealing with Diabetes for 28 years and now starting to experience the very real and dangerous complications, you're right that you need to get it under control sooner rather than later. I wish you a lot of luck and I know you'll be a huge success.  Try not to be too nervous...you're doing the right thing. Keep us posted!

Lap Band September 2007 / Slip discovered March 2014 after significant regain / Revised to VSG April 29, 2014

Most Active