Sleep apnea ??- Had sleep study last night

(deactivated member)
on 6/19/08 1:42 pm
I had my sleep study last night and it went much better than I expected. I was afraid I would not be able to sleep with all the wires and the strange bed.    My tech said my doctor would tell me the results but I did have to get hooked up to the sleep apnea breathing machine for half the night.  Does that mean I most likely have sleep apnea? Thanks, Melissa
L. TP
on 6/19/08 3:16 pm
I definitely think you have apnea!  It would be very rare for them to put you on a CPAP without strong signs of it.  I would feel comforable saying its pretty for sure!  That makes getting approved a breeze typically! Lyns
Deweyscts
on 6/20/08 1:30 am - Scottsdale, AZ
Yeah Yeah Yeah.....One test done.  One more to go... See you Satuday.....
jonijo
on 6/21/08 10:01 am - Buckeye, AZ
I had my test on Friday and was also put on the machine. I asked and was told that I do have sleep apnea. I am going to talk to the dr this week and see what this means as far as surgery and if I will have to use a cpap at home. Good Luck.

Wendi K.
on 6/21/08 11:58 am - Gold Canyon, AZ
I had the test 3 weeks ago and finally got the cpap. I haven't used it yet, but they told me to bring it to the hospital anyway.  I was told I only need it to fall asleep, but after I loose 25 pounds it should go away. I am scheduled for the lap band Monday with Dr. DeBarros too. Good Luck tom you too!
jonijo
on 6/22/08 3:40 am, edited 6/22/08 3:41 am - Buckeye, AZ
Wendi. I have to talk to Dr DeBarros this week and see if I am going to have to get a Cpap. I hate to get one if I'm only going to have it for a short time. I've known I had sleep apnea for alot of years and haven't used one, so I'm not sure what the point would be. Of course if he wants me to I will. You have your surgery tomorrow? Are you nervous? How have you done on the pre-op diet. I have had to go off a couple of times because my blood suger dropped to low. I hope that dosent effect it alot. I know some people don't have to do the diet at all, so I'm hoping it wont. I have my surgery on Thursday. Have someone let us know how you are doing after surgery. Take care, God bless, and good luck!

Most Active