What exactly is

KimmieAZ
on 6/19/08 11:22 am
I am a new member here and was wondering what the Bridges center is. I had my first visit with Dr. Jilario Juarez and went to his seminar. After the seminar, I received a big packed from Bridges, but I don't remember seeing that name anywhere at his office. The packet has a paper of requirements I have to send them for Dr. Juarez, so I assumed it is part of the same program. Also...There was an administrative lady of some sort who is kind of mean, do I have to talk to her first for everything? I think it is the same lady that was nasty handing out packets at the seminar. I don't really like calling because I seem to get her every time. The classes we are supposed to go to, is that before or after we have a scheduled date? I wasn't clear on if I am supposed to go them now or try to get all that paperwork submitted to the office. Thank you for answering my questions! Kimmie
Azskyprincess
on 6/20/08 1:44 am - CA
Revision on 01/30/12
If you do not feel comfortable go to another Dr ...I used Dr Simon and he and his staff are awesome I was in and out ...8 weeks my follow up care has been great ...they did most of the paperwork all I had to do was show 5 yrs of being over weight ..see a shrink and have an endo and  I was ready to go ...no classes etc
L. TP
on 6/20/08 7:30 am
I think its so important to shop around when finding a doctor.  Two of the most known and liked in the valley is Scottsdale Bariatric and Dr. Eric Schlesinger ( I may have mispelled that last name).  They are highly respected and very well liked.  Both programs are fantastic also. Shop around! Lyns
(deactivated member)
on 6/20/08 11:45 am
Kimmie,

Dr. Juarez works out of two hospitals, St Lukes and Banner Good Sam.  The Bridges center is St. Lukes  hospital bariatric dept.  They have the ABC classes, a nutritionist and a psychologist at the bridges center.  Dr. Juarez has a office near the bridges center at St Lukes.  You send all your paperwork to Dr. Juarez's office and go to the bridges center to do your classes and if required by insurance the psy eval and nut appt.  I would do the ABC classes and all the other appt's asap.  It has taken me a good 4 months to complete everything.   The administrative lady maybe from Dr. Juarez's office as his staff is usually at the seminars.  

My best advice is to always keep a copy of everything you send to Dr. Juarez and call, call, call again if you have questions or need info from his staff.  Squeaky wheel gets the grease or attention.
KimmieAZ
on 6/23/08 2:19 am
Ok, I think I understand. The Bridges is for the pre-op classes. Thanks! Does anyone know if Dr. Schlesinger takes Aetna PPO? I didn't see it on his site, and Dr. Juarez is the only bariatric dcotor listed on my handbook. Thank you!
(deactivated member)
on 6/23/08 3:48 am - AZ
You can call Dr Schlesinger at 1 480 419 2280 and a person named Jenn will be able to help you. Good Luck.
JRinAZ
on 6/23/08 3:55 am - Layton, UT
Hey Kimmie, Since you have a PPO you can use your out of network benefits and pretty much go anywhere.
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Most Active