Don't I feel like an idiot! FYI

Jeanne G.
on 6/18/08 1:20 am - Peoria, AZ
 I've been using aluminum foil for more years than I care to remember. Great stuff, but sometimes it can be a pain. You know, like when you are in the middle of doing something and you try to pull some foil out and the roll comes out of the box. Then you have to put the roll back in the box and start over. The darn roll always comes out at the wrong time.
 Well, I would like to share this with you. Yesterday I went to throw out an empty Reynolds foil box and for some reason I turned it and looked at the end of the box.  And written on the end it said, Press here to lock end.  Right there on the end of the box is a tab to lock the roll in place. How long has this little locking tab been there?
 On the end of the box is a triangle.. it is perforated.... Just pu**** through and your first finger will be in center of roll and you can stop it anywhere you want before tearing..
I then looked at a generic brand of aluminum foil and it had one, too.  I then looked at a box of Saran wrap and it had one too!  I can't count the number of times the Saran warp roll has jumped out when I was trying to cover something up.     
 I am sharing this with my friends that did not know this.  If you all ready know this, delete this message and don't e-mail me and make me feel dumber than I already feel. 
I hope I am not the only person that didn't know about this.

Jeanne G

(deactivated member)
on 6/18/08 3:26 am - AZ
Don't feel bad I had no clue either. Dawn
ginau
on 6/18/08 4:36 am - mesa, AZ
add me to the Did not Know list !!  Its one of those things ...  Process improvement at its best
dramqueen6
on 6/18/08 4:58 am - Glendale, AZ
OH my gosh thats hillarious.. I had no idea either!!  Yeah i hate when you open the pantry and the roll falls out and unravels a lot of the foil.. grr i hate that!!  Good to know!! Thanks Jeanne for educating me.. I will go home and look for this now.. lol :)  So dont feel like an idiot because none of us knew this either.. Your in good company!! 

Cindy

*Surgery Scheduled for July 8th!! YAY
aboymom
on 6/18/08 6:33 am
You've got to be kidding me.  I never knew!  Life should come with a training manual huh?
Megs515
on 6/22/08 1:45 pm - Phoenix, AZ
No way!!! I never knew that!!! The stupid roll ALWAYS falls out on me! And saran wrap is always the worst!!!!

MARY OTU
on 6/24/08 10:18 am - PHOENIX, AZ
To add another funny "wrap" story:  Many, many years ago I discovered the huge rolls of plastic wrap at COSTCO. I have been buying it ever since. It just sitts in one of my kitchen drawers at the cutting-pull out level. All I have to do is open-pull-tear and close drawer. No struggling, no stuck film, no falling out. Fantastic!! Best part? The current roll in my drawer was purchases 6/23/03!!! and still rolling. Costs 10 bucks. My kids tease me about my "forever-roll" but it sure has covered a ton of leftovers they were very happy to take home with them after Family get togethers. As a joke, I just bought a roll for my daugter-in-law to -be for the Bridal Shower. She is going to die laughing! Mary
Most Active