Hello

ScottAZ
on 6/16/08 7:34 pm - Charleston, WV
Hello folks,  i have not posted anything on here before but i will try it.  I have just switched Surgeons yesterday due to being laid off last week.  My current insurance will be done on the 29th.. I have heard great things about Dr. Schlesinger from support meetings before and some other folks. Well i am scheduled to check into PV Hospital at 5am next Monday morning. OMG I can not believe that is is really going to happen to me now...
JRinAZ
on 6/16/08 7:58 pm - Layton, UT
Holy Cow Scott!  You must be excited!  You're posting at 2:34 A.M.!!!   And....I must be crazy cuz I'm posting back to you at 2:50 a.m.!!!  ...............Congrats to you!  You are in GREAT hands with Dr. Schlesinger.  I am wandering around glancing in mirrors when possible; trying to figure out who the thin gal wearing my face is!!!! .......I'm one of the Dr. S miracles!  LOL!  ......It sounds like you've had some good news/bad news!  ......  Hopefully this surgery will put you in the best possible health to tackle the business of finding the perfect job for you!.........Take  a deep breath and make yourself a list of all the wonderful things you have ahead of you in your healthy/thin future!!!!..........Now, how about we both go get some sleep??!!!****    Keep us posted on your journey and fire away any questions you may have !  This site is fantastic about stepping up as Angels!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

ScottAZ
on 6/17/08 12:15 am - Charleston, WV
Hey JR.. You were the good looking one in the office yesterday, who had the shrimp...:-)
JRinAZ
on 6/17/08 1:34 am - Layton, UT
Blushing   Geeez thanks!  ..........I will most likely be a lot chattier next time we meet......but, that yummmeeeeee shrimp ****tail was all I was focusing on!  LOL!  Jeanna makes a ceviche to die for!!!!  ......  Mmmmmmmmm.........mouth is watering since there's a little bit left in the fridge at work! ........... Probably see you at support group on Saturday!  ........Bring yourself a tall protein drink to sip while we chat!  ...... 
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

(deactivated member)
on 6/16/08 11:31 pm, edited 6/16/08 11:32 pm - AZ
Hi Scott, That is great news. I am glad that Dr Schlesinger is going to do your surgery because being laid off. Dr S is a nice guy and just getting you in by the time line. I am having my surgery July 2. I am getting very nervous because I just had my preop appt yesterday. I start my liquid protein diet tomorrow. I hope I loose a few ponds before surgery. I am just scared because I am having a revision and DR S is telling me its a very big operation and I have a ton of complications. I will send good vibes your way next monday. I just met you at the last Banner-Estrella meeting and I came in late. Nice to meet you. If you have a questions just ask I will try to help but Joyce know's everything and is very nice.    
ScottAZ
on 6/17/08 12:19 am - Charleston, WV
That is right I did meet u you at the meeting on sat. along with that other lady who is having surgery around same time as you..  Thank you for your kind words.. Dam i am scared...I have wanted this for so long and i was ok yesterday thinking i had about five weeks to get into that mind set, but 6 days is a whole different story..uggggggggggggggggg
ginau
on 6/16/08 11:35 pm - mesa, AZ
Scott  By chance are you coming to Doc's support group on Sat ?? Should be fun since they are having a botox party  before his group meeting. Oh   in case no one has told you - Doc runs his own group.  so he will be there   Let me know if your coming ... I  have a couple samples of Matrix I can Bring you.
ScottAZ
on 6/17/08 12:19 am - Charleston, WV
What time is the meeting at Dr. S's on sat?
ginau
on 6/17/08 5:51 am - mesa, AZ
3:30 - you can bring a friend ..  if you like .     Oh  and I will not be bringing in Shrimp again Saturday..  I might bring you a couple samples of Nectar ,,,  
aboymom
on 6/17/08 12:55 am
Yee Haw.  We told you Schlesinger was good but I couldn't have dreamed it would be this fast!  (Oh by the way, I am the "other lady" from Schlesinger's office from the support group meeting at Estrella!!)   I am so excited for you!  You must be spinning.  This is happening so quickly!  My insurance told me I would have an answer by this afternoon.  I am working from home today so I can be by my computer for the email!   Go have an extra huge soda today.  Or did doc take you off those?  You might be on your liquid diet!  Oh well.  Loosing soda is a small price to pay for this change, huh?   Keep us updated!  
Most Active