VERSED

RedSirenn
on 6/16/08 4:28 pm - Mesa, AZ
Did anyone refuse to have versed before sugery?

Starting Weight: 230   Current Weight: 186   Goal Weight: 140 
thdreamcinderella.gif image by kscollin25hope_faith_love.gif image by kscollin25zzzzzsplendor.jpg image by kscollin25

bmajorsncm
on 6/17/08 10:04 am
Oh god no. I'll take a legal high whenever offered.
(deactivated member)
on 6/17/08 10:20 am, edited 6/17/08 1:14 pm - AZ
Why  would anyone refuse ? I will take it Idoubt it would do anything. I had a EGD a few weeks ago I was awake for the whole. I also remember everything. I will never go to that doctor again. I  have fibromyalgia and severe osteoarthritis in both knee's . I use to take methadone and it did not work. Now I take duragesic patch thru my skin. I does help but I really worried about post op pain. Dr Schlesinger said it is going to be hard to control my pain. I am scared !!! Dawn
ginau
on 6/17/08 1:05 pm - mesa, AZ
Dawn   reasd her next post .. She has a good reason.  I have every confidence in dr Schlesinger in controling pain. He thinks outside the Box and that is a great asset.  Stay posative !!!! 
(deactivated member)
on 6/17/08 1:25 pm - AZ
Jeanna, I am trying to be positive but thats what he told me. But I had versed with my EGD and remember everything. I want my mom to stay home when I have surgery and you, Jeanna can be there with me. I hope he really thinks outside of the box with me. He already gave me a script for Duragesic 100 mcg's post op. Did he gave you a pain patch to you ? When I saw him yesterday he had a emergency at the hospital and when he came back every question I had he shot down and than I was afraid to ask him anything at that point. Jen said he was in a tizzy. Now I am getting alittle freaked out. I came out of that appt all upset. But Jen just said don't worry about it. I worry about everything just like my dad. It is inborn in me. I just need good vibes and a valium. I meeting with Nita for lunch to calm me down. Dawn
ginau
on 6/17/08 11:16 pm - mesa, AZ
Dawn  I think I can ... Let me see what happpens at work today - 1st day back. Hey even Doc is entitled to have a bad day.  Are you going to group this week-end?  I will be there.. We can talk, One day at a time. and yes being posative is a good thing.
(deactivated member)
on 6/18/08 12:10 am - AZ
Jeanna, I plan on going to group this weekend. I am also going to the botox party I was only kidding about you going to my surgery, I just need to hear your postive thought's. Yes we can talk. Have a great day at work. Dawn        
quiltz
on 6/18/08 1:04 pm - Phoenix, AZ
My wls was the first time I ever had versed.  A year later I had a knee replacement and due to my earlier experience, refused it.  I didn't like the amnesia factor it gave me.  I have a void in my recall of one of the most important days in my life.  My last surgery is clear in my mind and I'm thankful for it.  Have a talk with the anesthesiologist and explain why you do not want it.  We are not assembly line patients, but individuals and the doctor will be able to individualize your care.  Good luck.
Most Active