Hey Gena, Hey Sandra!

azreggie
on 6/16/08 10:39 am - Tucson, AZ
Are you going to be there tomorrow?!!  At the 2 month class?  I'm going to, I'll contact Pam too.

Reggie

Gena L.
on 6/16/08 1:22 pm, edited 6/16/08 1:23 pm - Sun City, AZ
Reggie...I want to be there but....I spent Sat night in the ER for dehydration and nausea again.  I was told to stay out of the heat if it is over 105º...tough to do with my father in rehab and so sick also these little ER visits are getting expensive and this is not a problem I had prior to WLS surgery. They gave me an expensive little pill for nausea and told me to stay hydrated....easier said than done when my pouch aches when I eat or drink. I am also nauseated by the smells of food and often have to get up and leave the table......wish I knew why this is all happening?  I am also taking Carafate for the ulcer. They did several x-rays to see if I had intestinal blockages.  They were negative for the blockages but one radiologist said the x-rays were fine. The 2nd radiologist says that there is a questionable node in my right lower lung. I will see my PCP about this tomorrow. I am trying not to worry as all the x-rays just prior to the RNY came back clear. Also Dr J says I will need another EGD if this continues...I envy all of you who are doing so well!  I am not losing as I am not eating enough and if I force it,  then I am sick and throwing up. I have to admit I am wondering if I did the right thing having this surgery. Could someone tell me what is discussed at the class tomorrow?  Dr J. did not mention uping my diet when I saw him last week.  I will call the Bariatric Center to see if I can make this class up at a later (and hopefully cooler) date.  I will call the Bariatric center to discuss the nausea and lack of taking in enough protein on Wed.  Gena

Deanne K.
on 6/16/08 3:23 pm - Tucson, AZ
Gena,  Sorry to tell you sometimes you have to drink past the nausea.  I was the same way as you.  I didn't have an ulcer, but did have a stricture.  Sip small sips.  Use a baby sipper cup to get your water in if you have too.  It is so important.  Being dehydrated is not fun, especially if they have to give you potassium.  Try eating a small baby spoon full of food at a time.  You might could get in a little yogurt or cottage cheese down.  Just don't pu**** until you are over full.  The anti-nausea pills do help, so use them if you have too. Deanne
20candy07
on 6/17/08 3:35 am - Tolleson, AZ

Hey Gena,

Sorry to hear you're feeling poorly once again.  If you haven't already, call the dietician, Jenel, and see if she can help you out and suggest a diet.  If you need the number or email just hollar I have it.  Take care,

Candy

Most Active