post- op

Sandra C.
on 6/11/08 11:05 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hello everyone. If you see double posts from me it's because my computer is acting up again. Please just bear with me. I went to see Dr Juarez for my post-op. He didn't see me..his PA talked to me, and I think his name was Emilio. He was very helpful, as he was in on my surgery with Dr Juarez. He remebered me, because it was such a long surgery and I had so much scar tissue from my previous surgery. I am totally thankful that I have not had any complications. My blood pressure was 118/70. I have not seen that in years. I am still on medication for at least a month, then my PC Dr. said I may be able to get off it. I hope so. I have been faithfully sticking to the diet and haven't cheated. My weight is coming off very slowly, but I was told that it is because my BMI wasn't very high and I don't have a lot of water weight. I don't know what I would do without Peach Crystal Light Tea. I hate water so the tea makes me motivated to get my fluid intake. I also drink prune juice every day, and eat dried prunes a few times a week.  My sister took me to Red Lobster and fish or shrimp just lays in my stomach so I had a "Lobster Pizza". It was on a flat tortilla, which I felt guilty eating, but it went down easy. I only ate hald the pie and felt satisfied and not overly full. Didn't have anything to drink. I have been timing my drinking to at least an hour after meals like I was told. I went to Macy's after work and tried on some clothes. I am definitely down a size. A 2x instead of 3x in a blouse. I didn't buy anything because the ones I tried on wasn't on sale and I am not in the position to pay $46.00 for a blouse. Lol.
azreggie
on 6/11/08 2:30 pm - Tucson, AZ
Hey Sandra, It's good to hear that you're doing so well.  I gave tree huge garbage bags full of 3X clothes to a women's recovery home.  I was a little sad, strange, I thought I would be glad to see that size go bye bye. But alas, I am shrinking nicely too. I thought my husband switched out our toilet for a shorter one, then he told me that my a$$ is getting smaller,   silly little things like that.  I have only had one person ask me if I was losing weight, and it was my assistant.  I've lost 49 lbs, I said to my dh that that was going to happen, that I would have to lose 50lbs before anyone noticed.  It's kinda like throwing a lawn chair off the Titanic, if you know what I mean.  I have decided that I'm going to start telling people if they ask, so they won't think I have cancer or something.    I wil be seeing you on the 17th, right?  Got to get those shrinking pics of all of us.  Maybe Dawn will even show up this time!  Later

Reggie

L. TP
on 6/11/08 3:02 pm
Awesome!  I think I will be the same as you (slow loser) at least for the most part.  I am impressed that you can eat out so soon.  I have felt really down  like I will never be able to eat "normal" food ever again or go eat at a resturant.    Just remember, its not "cheating" anymore!  Diets are cheated on, life style changes are never :)  Just looking at things in moderation :) Good girl! Lynsey
(deactivated member)
on 6/11/08 4:30 pm, edited 6/11/08 4:31 pm - AZ
Lyn's, You have the right attitude. Soon as I say diet I have already failed myself. I like what you said about life style change. Back in 1998, I was about a year out from my original gastric bypass and I remember have the same thoughts you do. I was like I can never go out  to eat or I am never going to eat normal food. For some reasons my taste buds did change and I like different kinds of food that I have never eatin in my  entire life. Even my favorite restraunt I loved so much now I can't stand it. It seems 2 to 3 times a years my taste buds keep changing on me.  It seem like your brain is playing games on you. I use to be a milkalholic and drink 5 glasses a day. Now I hate milk. I have to force my self to drink atleast a glass a day.  I have to start my liquid protein diet stuff next tuesday and I am scared because I am real pickey when it comes to those kind of drinks. Do you have a liquid protein drinks that you have tried  and liked ? I more worried about that than the surgery.  God help me !
motorhomemama
on 6/17/08 4:16 am - Okotoks, Canada
I don't want to be snoopy but what causes a person to need a revision?  My surgery is in October and I just thought that would be it.  Thanks Eydie
342/298/280175  highest / surgery  wtNov 19/08/ current/ goal
JRinAZ
on 6/17/08 5:42 am - Layton, UT
Revisioins are options available to weight loss surgery patients who never achieved their desired weight loss with their orginal surgery, or who have had regain for whatever reason, or who have a medical or metabolic breakdown, or who have had a mechanical failure of some type.................Don't stress over needing one someday!  Very few need one or want one!............just be delighted that there are options available for SECOND chances if needed!  .........Unfortunately, there is a negative stigma attatched to having a revision as if we FAILED!!!!  Gheesh!  Where have we heard that broken record before???  Like from everyone our entire lives and even before our first surgery?..........Choosing to have a revision is made with the same considerations:  Desire to achieve better health and a better quality of life!.............I LOVED my first weight loss surgery and I LOVE my revision!!!!  .........Weight loss surgery ROCKS!!!!  Glad you asked!  Let me know if you have other questions
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

motorhomemama
on 6/17/08 9:31 am - Okotoks, Canada
Thanks , that helps to know.  I have alot of questions still about the surgery, especially the malabsorption thing and how big a problem it could be.  Also , being a diabetic I wonder what happens if you have low sugars after surgery? You can't take sugar pills .  I am going to have the surgery Oct 29 with Dr. Blackstone as I am a Canadian and come south to Mesa for the winter, this will give me a chance to do some followup before coming home in the spring.  I have a friend in Tucson who is having lap -banding tomorrow  but I have decided that the by-pass is probably a better option for me.  Thanks Eydie
(deactivated member)
on 6/17/08 10:14 am - AZ
Hi Eydie,  I am glad you hooked up with Joyce. She know;s everything. She has a flare on  how to tell people stuff. I not a very good writer at all. I hope I help you a tiny bit. Dawn
motorhomemama
on 6/17/08 10:49 am - Okotoks, Canada
Thanks Dawn, every bit of input helps and it really helps to be able to tlk with people who are alreay where I want to be....I am getting impatient to get on with it.  Talk again soon.  Eydie  (in Alberta)
Gena L.
on 6/12/08 2:15 pm, edited 6/12/08 2:15 pm - Sun City, AZ
Hi Sandra....I saw Dr J for my two month check up today.  I am still having trouble getting in my protein and the ulcer causes nausea frequently. Also having trouble getting in my water...have a hard time drinking it when nausous.  Funny tho that I can drink Starbucks Passion Tea....tho with the caffiene it does not count for much. Did Dr J. up your diet on your 2 mo visit?  I forgot to ask and he did not meantion it as we discussed the ulcer and my need to come see him again in 6 weeks....and another possible EGD...not a fun way to spend my birthday   I have only lost 32 pounds and 15 1/2 inches. He says my BMI was not that high and that is why I am loosing slowly.  I do not care as long as I loose. I am down to XL in some of my clothing. Glad I kept all those old outfits. See you next week ;-) Lyns...do not worry about not being able to eat out. Jim and I do very often....I feel wasteful much of the time but we eat at home only 2-3 times weekly. Gena

Most Active