Still waiting..................

Deweyscts
on 6/10/08 2:07 am - Scottsdale, AZ
Hi you guys.....I have called Dr. Fangs office over and over again to talk to Sabrina.  I have an authorization number from my insurance company got it along time ago before my first consult with Dr. Fang.  I've gone through the everything including cardia pre op, pshcy, seminars etc.  That office won't call me back.   So I don't know what to do.  So I called my PCP (I need scrips rewritten for my insurance company 7 of them OT..)  I degress.  Anyway I told my PCP's Girl about the lack of communication received from Dr. Fangs office.  She told me she would add it to my list .  I feel sorry for my PCP he has done everything for me including writting a letter to my insurance co.( I don't know if Fangs office has it or not.)  I don't know what they have or don't have they do not call back.   In the meantime I look at these boards everyday and so much time has passed that I get a little angry because I could have been losing weight for the last time.  You know I don't eat alot know so I sure hope this lap band works for me.  I believe I eat less than 1000 calories a day.  But the exercise thing doesn't work as I need a hip replacement.  I do swim and try and get things moving in the pool so that's good.  But you all know that the more you lose the more you move.   Right???? What would you guys do if you were me??????? Thanks for any response...
Deweyscts
on 6/10/08 2:10 am - Scottsdale, AZ
Oh and BTW  how does his office handle fills and unfills if they are like this with the surgery????? Just wondering.... I liked Dr. Fang when I saw him many months ago in planet far far away....
RayM
on 6/10/08 2:53 am - Surprise, AZ
I can tell you that your not the only one that is having issues with them.  They never return phone calls and or email.  Dealing with them as gotten me so stressed out that I have been gaining weight dealing with this.  I have even talked to the office manager about this and she listened but I could tell by her tone that she did not care about what I had to say.
Deweyscts
on 6/10/08 3:16 am - Scottsdale, AZ
Well I guess misery loves company...So thank you for your response. Should we drive down there and sit and stare????????????? I saw someone else on this forum who actually got a surgery date with Dr. Fang.  I wonder what she did to expedite her surgery?
Megs515
on 6/10/08 3:36 am - Phoenix, AZ
I didn't have Dr. Fang but I did have Dr. Juarez. They work out of the same office. It took me a couple of weeks to get my date with him but I will tell you how I FINALLY got one. When I called, I wouldn't dail the extension of the scheduler. I talked to who ever answered at the front. I told them that I needed to speak to (I think it was Nichole or Diane at the time). If they told me that they would transfer me I told them okay. If I was transferred and after a while no one picked up or I had to leave a message, I would call back and tell the person at the front desk that I had called multiple times throughout the past few days and no one had returned any of my phone calls. I would have them put me on hold while they actually went and found the person that I was looking for. I think they got tired of me calling so they finally did whatever they needed to do to give me my date.  Presistance is key!!! Don't give up. I know it is frustrating right now, but just keep your chin up. It will be worth it in the end. I promise!!

RayM
on 6/10/08 4:10 am - Surprise, AZ
On June 10, 2008 at 10:16 AM Pacific Time, Deweyscts wrote:
Well I guess misery loves company...So thank you for your response. Should we drive down there and sit and stare????????????? I saw someone else on this forum who actually got a surgery date with Dr. Fang.  I wonder what she did to expedite her surgery?
I have really thought about it.  I just live so far away.  They have had all my pre-op paperwork for over a month now.  The clearances are only good for 2 months I was told.  At this point I am worry I will need to do them all over again.
Deweyscts
on 6/10/08 4:15 am - Scottsdale, AZ
Ray....I'm in that same boat.  My stress test and echo were in April....I don't get.   I'm not going to do this again....The stress test just about killed me.  My BP was 210/110 for the two hour ordeal.... They chemically induced the stress so your body goes there whether it wanted to or not.  Do you know what I mean????  Then they missed the vein and had to start over.  Oh well no clogs.  Good Thing... I live far away too from that office.  But I'm going to do it if I don't get a call this week......
RayM
on 6/10/08 4:29 am - Surprise, AZ
On June 10, 2008 at 11:10 AM Pacific Time, RayM wrote:
On June 10, 2008 at 10:16 AM Pacific Time, Deweyscts wrote:
I have really thought about it.  I just live so far away.  They have had all my pre-op paperwork for over a month now.  The clearances are only good for 2 months I was told.  At this point I am worry I will need to do them all over again.
I was told they will call today send the info on to the insurance co.  I told Sabrina to email me today with the info.  I guess I will wait to see what happens today.  If nothing I will be going to the office I think tomorrow.   I know they are busy.  I know they had a lot going on.  My sister works for a very busy Doctor and still manages to do what she needs to. 
Megs515
on 6/10/08 4:30 am - Phoenix, AZ
Megs515
on 6/10/08 4:32 am - Phoenix, AZ
I don't know that going down there would really solve anything. I know that the schedulers for both doctors sometimes work weird shifts so you may go down there and not even see the person that you need to in order to get your date. For right now, I would wait and see what your PCP has to say. Maybe he can help you. I wouldn't lay off of them though. Keep calling. That is really the only way that things are going to get done for you. Hang in there!!

Most Active