Banner Good Sam or St. Lukes??????

(deactivated member)
on 6/10/08 9:17 am
Deweyscts, I have not gotten a date yet.  They still have not submitted my paperwork and Sabrina will not call me back.  I have left messages for  week now regarding the last item I sent them being received and on faxing for approval.  Now my insurance says I need a prior auth in addition to a approval packet so the road got even more bumpy.  Let me know if you have specific questions on what you need to submit and what insurance you have. Thanks, Melissa
Deweyscts
on 6/10/08 9:40 am - Scottsdale, AZ
Hi Melissa................Well it appears that we are in the same boat...What happens if we need help with a problem post operatively????? I'm thinking about switching Doctors.....I don't know......It's just that We've all done so much and that office isn't helping us..Are they that busy? I haven't seen many WLS surgeries with our Doctors names attached have you ???????

Still Wondering?????????

By the way Aetna.....
(deactivated member)
on 6/10/08 9:46 am
Deweyscts, At least you have a choice.  I only have 1 chioce and it was Fang.  He no longer accepts my insuarance but is grandfathering me in, as long as I get it done asap.  If I can't do it with Fang I have no other choice for surgeons.  My insurance is working on finding another surgeon but that could take forever. Melissa
Jeanne G.
on 6/11/08 10:21 am - Peoria, AZ
I would never go back to St Lukes again. I could almost handle the place falling apart but the care was horrific. No one ever came in to check on or check my water etc. When I buzzed them to go to the bathroom they never came the first time. 30 to 45 minutes for response is unacceptable. I made Dr Juarez release me on the 2nd day.

Jeanne G

Sheryl Tilley
on 6/13/08 1:22 pm - Prescott, AZ
If I had it to do over, I'd go to Banner GS.  I did St Lukes and it is a totally 'no frills' place.  You even bring your own pillow and kleenex, booties, everything. The nurses at SL's never walked me or anything.  I did everything for myself. Sheryl Tilley 330/150/150  Oct. 2005
20candy07
on 6/13/08 1:55 pm - Tolleson, AZ

The difference experiences at St Lukes in Phoenix is very interesting.  I had great care.  Couldn't complain one bit.  I was up and around walking 2 hours after released from post op.  I need help to get up to the bathroom.  They came quickly and then I was on my own...The nurses should have been more attentive to those who meeded closer monitored care. There are a lot of factors that cause discomfort or poor care.  They came to check my water severa tiimes a day.  I ensured i took care of my self and ,....  I had no infections taken home with me becaue I bathed everday to help fight off infection.  Oh well.....

I like st lukes.

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 6/14/08 12:38 am - Tucson, AZ

I had my surgery with Dr. J at St Lukes on 20 Sep 06.  I must admit that there was one (only one) nurse that was lacking in her care of me.  I do remember having to wait a while for them to answer my call button, but I soon learned to push the button before it got to late.  I just made up my mind that if they didn't make it to me in time they would have to clean up the mess.  They did come in and help me get up and walk a couple of times but I also had someone with me part of the time that could help me.  I really have no complaints about St Lukes as a whole.  I have no complaints about Dr. J either nor did I have any major problems with his office staff at that time.  You just have to be your own advocate and keep on the office staff no matter where it is.

This is my .02 Cents.

Becky

Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

(deactivated member)
on 6/13/08 2:09 pm - AZ

I don't feel so bad with my negative comments about St Lukes. The nurses never did a thing. I do remember never getting ice water either and had to beg for everything. They never answer your call light. I would reccomend Banner Good Sam over St Lukes.

rottiesrule
on 6/13/08 4:10 pm
I used to work in the OR at Good Sam and it is state of the art. Also, recently, a dear friend of mine was in ICU at Good Sam and got excellent care (and being a nurse, I am a real critic!) When she was on the regular floor, the nurses were very attentive. I also went to nursing school there way back in 1971!!!!
Most Active