Help Psychologist Needed

Deanne K.
on 6/4/08 2:18 pm - Tucson, AZ
I probably could eventually find someone on my insurance, but I was tired of all the phone calls and no one calling me back.  I just want to get it done.  I had told him what Dr. Paul had told me and he couldn't believe that someone would do that.  He seems really nice, would have liked a woman, but it's ok, I have had men counselors before.  I am glad that you are getting it done tomorrow.  If it wasn't for Jenn, I would have never found him.  He does take some insurance plans, but he has been fighting with UHC for almost a year since he left working at the hospital and hasn't been able to negotiate a contract with them since they merged with Pacific Care.  I can afford to pay for it, so I am going to do it.  I don't have to do the MMPI test, he also doesn't think it's necessary when I have already had surgery.  We chatted for about 20 minutes on the phone this morning and he seem really nice.  One of my firends had worked with him at St.Mary's so I will have to ask her about him. Deanne
(deactivated member)
on 6/4/08 2:54 pm - AZ

I wish I did not have to go at all. My insurance said it was a waste of time. But I guess DR Schlesinger wants it done. I was almost at the point going to pay it my self. I made a million phone calls and no one wants to take your insurance even tho they are contracted with them. They say they don't get enough to do it. Than no one calls you back and that is most of them. I found a good therapist that I klick with pretty good and going to see her every other week. I just have my copay. But than after a while you have to cut that out because it gets real expensive. Jenn told me they hired staff Nutritionist. Thats good for me because I need it. Jen said I will see her preop. Than she will be at a montly support meeting, I think thats what she said.

Dawn

DrMichaelSakowitz
on 6/5/08 10:33 am
Check out ou article in OH mag about the psych eval it will ease your mind Dr Mike Our office in Scottsdale may be too far for you
Michael L. Sakowitz, Ph.D. is a psychologist (NJ 35SI00148700) and member of ObesityHelp's Mental Health Board.  By posting, he makes no promises, guarantees, representations, or warranties, expressed or implied, and assumes no duty or liability with regard to the information contained herein.  This post is not intended to diagnose or treat any physical or mental condition.  No professional services are being rendered and nothing is intended to provide such services or advice of any kind.  No website or informational post can take the place of seeking professional help.  If you need professional help of any kind, please seek the services of a professional or dial 911.
Deanne K.
on 6/5/08 12:50 pm - Tucson, AZ
HI Dr. Mike, I think that the Psych Evals are a good idea.  I have no problem with doing it.  What I had a problem with was no one calling me back.  I even called the UA Psychiatry Dept. and didn't get a call back and I work for the UA. I had to leave a message and they said they would call back in 24 hours.  It's been over  2 days and I haven't heard anything.  Called my previous Psychologist and it's been over 2 weeks and haven't heard from her or others.  So it's been the run around for me.  I have Persevered and will get this done on Monday.  Deanne 
DrMichaelSakowitz
on 6/5/08 1:04 pm
I couldn't agree with you more.  Seems to me that when someone, be they a psychologist or a plumber, doesn't respond to you.....go elsewhere.   I wish you all the luck you deserve Dr Mike
Michael L. Sakowitz, Ph.D. is a psychologist (NJ 35SI00148700) and member of ObesityHelp's Mental Health Board.  By posting, he makes no promises, guarantees, representations, or warranties, expressed or implied, and assumes no duty or liability with regard to the information contained herein.  This post is not intended to diagnose or treat any physical or mental condition.  No professional services are being rendered and nothing is intended to provide such services or advice of any kind.  No website or informational post can take the place of seeking professional help.  If you need professional help of any kind, please seek the services of a professional or dial 911.
Deanne K.
on 6/5/08 1:22 pm - Tucson, AZ
I guess I am used to a Dr. who will respond, or their office will respond.  I am usually a very patient person, but sometimes it gets the better of me.  I finally connected with someone and he seems to have a passion to helping people suceed in this journey.  Dr. Schlesinger's office found him and I will let them know after Monday what I thought of him and whether to recommend him for others.  Thanks for the words of encouragement.  Deanne
DrMichaelSakowitz
on 6/6/08 12:18 am
Hi Deanne, Did you get a chance to read our article? Dr Mike
Deanne K.
on 6/6/08 1:49 am - Tucson, AZ
Hi Dr. Mike, I did remember reading it in the OH magazine.  I went and re-read it.  It is a very good insite into the process.  I am seeking a revision so he may be asking a few different or additional questions.  I am prepared for it and I am an honest and upfront person.  Thanks for all your input, not only for me, but for others out there seeking surgery or revisions and what we can do to prepare ourselves.   Deanne
(deactivated member)
on 6/6/08 4:07 am - AZ
What is the name of the article ? What month is it in the magizine ? I would like to read it myself. Dawn
Deanne K.
on 6/6/08 6:42 am - Tucson, AZ
I just searched on the OH google for Psychological evaluation and found it.  I know I read it before, but I don't keep the back copies.
Most Active