Help Psychologist Needed

Deanne K.
on 6/2/08 6:51 am - Tucson, AZ
Hi All, I am trying to find a Psychologist here in Tucson who will do evaluations for revisions.  I have tried Dr. Nancy Eldredge (out of the office until who knows when) and Dr. Mikki Paul doesn't want to do it.  Any suggestions out there.  I would like to not have to go to Phoenix to have this done.
ginau
on 6/2/08 9:29 am - mesa, AZ
Did you ask Dr Schlesing if any had any names ?? Kathy kept a list of the Shrinkie dinks  they get evals from in the past - might have  someone on that list.
Deanne K.
on 6/2/08 10:10 am - Tucson, AZ
She gave me a few names, but I am trying to avoid driving to Phoenix with the gas prices the way that they are.  I will if I have too.
Sarah V.
on 6/2/08 11:36 am

I'm not sure how current this is but here is a link to the packet that NW hospital sends out to potential patients.  There's a page with suggestions of psychologists.  Good luck.   http://www.northwestmedicalcenter.com/pdf/SWL_packet_2006.pd f

Lap Band September 2007 / Slip discovered March 2014 after significant regain / Revised to VSG April 29, 2014

sweatysweetie
on 6/2/08 11:39 am
I have an idea - have you tried calling one of the bariatric surgeons' offices in Tucson and getting a referral from one them? Their office staff probably knows of local shrinks and if you explain your situation maybe they can help you find someone.
jenniebr
on 6/2/08 12:52 pm - queen creek, AZ
Deanne,  I have a few calls out to some docs in Tucson.    I know  one is booked thru Aug but he gave 2 more names that I have called and left messages for.  I am working on getting a list together.  I had to find one in Kingman and Page this week too.   I will call you in the morning with some info. Jen
Deanne K.
on 6/2/08 2:51 pm - Tucson, AZ
Hi Jen, Thanks for your help.  Gwynn and I are going to call a couple of them tomorrow as well and see what kind of response we get.  Call me at my office if you can. Deanne
ginau
on 6/3/08 1:38 am - mesa, AZ
See  you have to admit  his office is on the ball ...
Deanne K.
on 6/4/08 1:31 pm - Tucson, AZ
Well I found a Psychologist thanks to Jenn.  I will be paying out of pocket, but I think it's well worth just getting it done.  No one wanted to do it, so I am happy to find someone who is willing to do it and has a passion for doing it..  He does them for Dr. Schwartz and Dr. Monash here in Tucson. Deanne
(deactivated member)
on 6/4/08 1:41 pm - AZ
Deanne, Thats great you get to have your Psych eval. I just found out by accident I am having my Psych Eval and testing done tomorrow night. My insurance is paying for it. I have a $25.00 copay. I am lucky on that. I was suppose have one with a doctor June 16. I had to wait 5 weeks for this and I called my insurance and they gave me more names. Those insurance companies sure like to stall anything or give wrong info out. I glad you can stay in Tucson for yours and not waste all the gas coming up here. Dawn
Most Active