Did you watch the Nat. Geo obesity show?

Gena L.
on 6/1/08 10:59 am - Sun City, AZ
Did anyone else happen to watch the National Geographic Science of Obesity show last night?  Wish I had taped it.  I now totally understand why I was so beat up looking and in so in pain after my RNY.The surgeons were far from gentle with those scopes and tools!  I have observed and photographed more than a few surgical procedures but never did I see any thing like this one. Just glad I did not see it before my surgery!  I found the whole hour show quite interesting. Gena

Garys
on 6/1/08 12:17 pm - Mesa, AZ
I only caught the 2nd half, I will watch for it to replay and setup my DVR I thought the surgery footage was cool but a bit scary I am less than a week out for my rescheduled Lap band surgery and it really kind of brought the reality home. At least I won't have to watch when they do my surgery!
Gena L.
on 6/1/08 2:21 pm - Sun City, AZ
I am not sure but I don't think they will be so physical in  placing  a lap band. I had a good idea of what went on but have never see surgeons be that physically invasive with a patient. An ortopedic would be for example replacing a hip.  I had so many bruises in addition to the 6 incisions and wondered why...now I know.  If it will help my niece just had a lap band done 2 weeks ago. She was tender and sore but within 24 hours she felt much better she said. Just remember what Keith did when he had so much pain the 2nd night...the bag of ice on his belly and he said it helped so much in taking the swelling down.  I also told my niece to try that if she had pain. Good luck Gary and let us know how it goes.  I wanted to tape it but technology seems to have passed me by when it comes to my VHS. Need to update to a DVR I guess. Oh....when I had my surgery done I was still awake when they took me in the OR...which is unusual but they wanted me to move myself over to the OR table...once there I was out within seconds. Be prepared it is a very cold room and I shivered like crazy but more from nerves than the cold I think.

Most Active