I don't think I am going to get my surgery on Tuesday. Please pray!

L. TP
on 5/30/08 11:11 am
Hey everyone! My RNY is scheduled for tuesday.  Its taken me THREE years to get this surgery. I went by my parents house today and my sister was there.  We talked and I left.  About 2 hours later a friend who is a cop calls me.  He had stopped by my parents house while on duty and no one was home.  When he was going back to his car he saw my 32 year old sister huntched over in her car.  He pulled her out.  She was not breathing and not responsive.  He attempted to help.  The ambulence came and she is on full life support in cvicu here in phoenix.  They have not been able to get her to respond or breath...she is in acoma.    This coming after my brother just passing 18 months ago and he to, was in acoma for 6 months.  He was killed by a drunk driver.  We have no idea why this has happened to my sister.  I can't bare to call scottsdale and tell them and cancel this surgery.  I am going to wait to see how this goes but will likely have to call and cancel on monday.  This all just happened within the last few hours and they are closed this weekend.  Lyns
RedSirenn
on 5/30/08 11:31 am - Mesa, AZ
O my gosh. I will pray for you, your sister and your family.
Gena L.
on 5/30/08 2:30 pm - Sun City, AZ
Oh Lyns I am sorry very sorry to hear this.  It is horrible I know.  I lost my daughter and a few years later a niece in similar cir****tances. I will pray as hard as I can for you and your family. And then you want and deserve your surgery and probably feel guilty about that. All you can do is wait till Monday. With God's grace your sister will begin to breathe again on her own and become responsive.  If things do not go well...God forbid.... your parents are going to need you and I honestly do not see how you could deal with all this and support them with a fresh RNY surgery.  I am sure you are afraid if you cancel that you will have to wait forever to get back on the surgery schedule. Surley under the cir****tances if it comes to that.....they can add you on as quickly as possible when someone else has to cancel and/reschedule. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Gena

MShawn62
on 5/30/08 3:38 pm - Avondale, AZ
Lyns, I am so sorry to hear this.  My thoughts are with you and your family.   Shawn
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wow7xaM/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wow7xaM/weight.png[/img]
[/url]
(deactivated member)
on 5/30/08 5:20 pm, edited 5/31/08 9:19 am - AZ
Lyns, I so sorry to what has happened. I will pray a million times over for you. You don't know me but I see all your post and new to this site. Dawn in Peoria
kathleen-ann
on 5/31/08 8:02 am - Prescott Valley, AZ
I am saying this all with a kind heart and love ..sometimes with the internet and not in person it comes out wrong.. I had my surgery in Feb. 16th 07...my mom passed away unexpectadly (sp>) on Friday Feb. 9th 07 we put her  to rest on Feb. 14th 07...two days before surgery we put her to rest..one week before she died. It was the hardest thing I ever had to do ..cant put it into words. I had ACCHS for insurance...took two years for approval..I was told if I cancelled I had to start all over. Kinda cold yes. I wanted to cancell...BUt I couldnt...MY mom was my friend, mom best friend ever...I am the only girl and followed her to Az. from Mass. when I was 21 I didnt want to be away from her..I was very co-dependant on her..I was a sap. SHE died when I was 41..still didnt get enough years with her. I hope your sister is gonna be o.k. and I hope things work out for ya...And I dont know what insurance you have....mine would not let me cancel. I am not saying to do it cause If I could do it after a death anyone can. I just know if this is what ya gotta do..you will find the strenghth within ya...deep down inside you can find the strenghth...I just said to the Nurse get the IV> in to sedate me ..they knew of the death....Whatever happens and what ever you do ..do it for you...keep in touch and let us know how things. are..no matter what we are here for support ..no matter what happens or decision you make...HUgs,and love and prayers..Kathleen
JRinAZ
on 6/1/08 2:11 am - Layton, UT
Hey Kathleen! I read your response to Lyns after writing one myself.  .....  I just wanted to tell you THANKS for sharing such a tender experience and a side that most of us would not relate to!  .....  Though it would be perfect if all of us were in the best shape possible before WLS; it's obviously not always possible to achieve.  Having a tragedy like you experienced added to an already emotionally packed situation, must have required the digging up of the deepest inner strength!  YOU are inspiring!  I'm sure your mother would not have wanted you to miss your own chance for a longer/better life! So, how are YOU doing now?  Have you bumped into some happy times?  Are you able to find joy in life? Do you feel surrounded by love?  If not then hang out with us more and we'll toss truckloads your direction!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

azreggie
on 5/31/08 8:54 am - Tucson, AZ
Oh God Lyns!  I will pray for your sister and for you, and your family. 

Reggie

JRinAZ
on 6/1/08 1:52 am - Layton, UT
(((((((((((((((((((((LYNS)))))))))))))))))))))))  !!!!!!  Gigantuous Cyber Hugggsss your way sweetie pie!  Prayers being sent in your behalf that you'll find strength, direction and comfort!   I can imagine that you and your dear Mother may be pushed over the edge after losing one child/sibling already.  ......  WLS is a biggie under the best of cir****tances.  Please make sure your soul is healthy before you take on another life-changing event!  Your surgeon would certainly want you in the best possible condition, both physically AND emotionally. Let us know how our community can rally to help!   Though we are strangers in reality, we have all walked through similar paths and connect through hope for a better tomorrow!   .......wishing you the best  Joyce
quiltz
on 6/1/08 12:14 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Know my thoughts are with you and your sister!  What a trying experience and the timing is awful!  I hat that an insurance company would be so inhumane and to make you start the process all over again!  That is just one more strike against them.   If you are forced to go ahead with your surgery,  you will have to seek the decision to go ahead or not from within your heart.  I'm sure your sister will understand.
Most Active