Okay I am confused?

dramqueen6
on 5/27/08 9:25 am - Glendale, AZ
I know whats new huh?  LOL  Okay so I have my first appointment with Dr Blackstone on June 9th.  I have all my pre-tests like the sleep study, the blood work.. (all the tests given to me at my initital consult).. Now the other tests (the one mailed to me after my surgery scheduled) i have not done yet and it says I am to do them on the week of the 8th-16th of June.. I was scared because I thought I have to have these done by the time I meet with the Doctor... I asked a friend of mine who just had her band done with her and said no I do those after I meet with her..  I called and cant get a hold of joanne, so I am correct right?  I have time to complete the other labs after i meet with her as long as my first set of tests are complete?   Thanks Guys!!

Cindy

*Surgery Scheduled for July 8th!! YAY
JUS4TRA
on 5/27/08 11:04 am
You need to get in touch with stella she handles all pre-op tests. I had to have all my test done before i saw Dr. Blackstone. Tracey

dramqueen6
on 5/27/08 11:23 am - Glendale, AZ
Thanks Tracey.. I just emailed Stella and I will follow up with her tomorow.. I dont know if they messed up my actual appointment or the week I need to have the labs done..

Cindy

*Surgery Scheduled for July 8th!! YAY
L. TP
on 5/27/08 1:27 pm
Dr. B can meet with you but she definitely prefers to have your tests done.  IT may be that you have enough done already but the biggie is the ultra sound and that month before blood work. That is what Dr. B really goes off of.  You definitely should contact them.  Personally, even if they say you don't "have to" have them, as a patient I would want them done before I saw Dr. B.  Most of my appt was about those month before tests.  She was able to answer a lot of questions I had about them and explain any red flags she feels there may be.  So, I guess my point is, I would personally want to reschedule Dr. B so that the test results were back when we meet.  Just me. Lyns
Most Active