Good Sam Patients

ginau
on 5/27/08 1:29 am - mesa, AZ
aboymom
on 5/27/08 1:18 am
I wondered that too but the medical board doesn't have any complaints about him.  It doesn't list any malpractice hits either.  I do remember him saying that he would love to go to VSG only when I was in my appointment with him.  He told me it was since the success rate was the same as RNY but less invasive for the patient.  WHO KNOWS!!
sweatysweetie
on 5/27/08 12:33 pm
I checked with the AZ medical licensing board a while ago and almost all of the WLS docs had at least one malpractice case that had been settled, but there are no details - I don't know if they would post pending cases. I think it only gets posted if there's a settlement or resolution because sometimes cases get dropped. The website has changed its format and they don't list malpractice anymore, so I wasn't able to find out anything when I just checked for Villares. They only have a list of docs who have been formally disciplined by the board within the past 2 years. Found out Juarez has been disciplined, though! This was at www.docboard.org I also tried the AMA, but Villares is not a member. I'm sure it will all come out in the wash eventually!
Most Active