GARY IS UP TO BAT! Wish him well...

Garys
on 5/23/08 11:56 am, edited 5/24/08 2:31 am - Mesa, AZ
I guess I owe a mention of thanks to my older sister. She is a former critical care nurse. She called me the night before and requested that I bring it up with the guy that was going to put me under. I have brought the subject up in the past with most of my doctors but because I have never been under a complete "general" in over thirty years, it has never been a real factor. Dr S educated me on the difference between a "Twilight" and a General. When I had minor surgeries in the past, I have only been given a twilight at most. At least after the test, I will know if I am at risk or not and they should know what to do about it.
Deanne K.
on 5/23/08 12:35 pm - Tucson, AZ
Hi Gary, Sorry to hear that your surgery was postponed, but it is best that they be cautious about your health.  You will be on that loser's bench pretty soon.  Keep your chin up and keep a positive attitude.  You are in good hands. Deanne
L. TP
on 5/24/08 12:20 pm
that must have been heartbreaking.  Let me know when the new date is!  Lyns
Garys
on 5/27/08 1:35 pm - Mesa, AZ
It looks like I am rescheduled for June 6th. I hope there are no more snags.
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 5/27/08 11:41 pm - Tucson, AZ
Great news Gary.  I will be praying for a smooth surgery and painfree recovery.
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

L. TP
on 5/27/08 3:11 pm
I will be in the hospital getting ready to come home from my surgery so I won't be able to post another thread with all of our wishes but know, I will be thinking of you! Lynsey
Garys
on 6/5/08 6:44 am - Mesa, AZ
Its the Day before Surgery for me again! Clear Liquids only  today. I am scheduled for early tomorrow AM so by this time tomorrow I should be in recovery. Finally!
Deanne K.
on 6/5/08 6:53 am - Tucson, AZ
Gary, Congratulations on getting everything taken care of and your surgery will go very well.  I believe you are in good hands and everything will go splendidly.  Let us all know when you can.
JRinAZ
on 6/5/08 9:15 am - Layton, UT
Hi there handsome!.........I'll be sending happy thoughts your way tomorrow morning!  .Wooooooooooo Hoooooooooo!!!!!......Now enjoy that yummmeeeee bowel prep stuff and know that it only gets better after that!  ............  You are in the best of hands and we'll be cheering for you!  Best wishes to you for an uneventful sprint to the skinny side!!!!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Garys
on 6/6/08 5:05 am - Mesa, AZ
As an update, Gary is out of surgery, Everything went very well He went in to surgery at 7:30 and was out before 9ish. A new life begins........ Updates to follow later. 
Most Active