GARY IS UP TO BAT! Wish him well...

L. TP
on 5/20/08 1:20 pm
Gary is next up to bat!   His LAP BAND procedure with Dr. Schlesinger is this Friday, May 23rd. Lets all give Gary  a round of applause and warm wishes!                                                                                                            
Garys
on 5/20/08 2:42 pm - Mesa, AZ
Speaking of which, has anyone here had their Surgery at Paradise Valley Hospital? I have never even been there before and Friday morning will be my first visit.  Anything I need to know?
Sandra C.
on 5/20/08 9:37 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Congratulations Gary on your big day finally approaching!! I know you will do well! I have had several experiences at Pardise Valley Hospital. Ray, my boyfriend was a patient there for a week 2 years ago and I can tell you the staff was very efficient and friendly.The only negative thing I have to say about is the food in the cafeteria!! Yuk! At least you won't have to worry about that. I took a friend to the Er 2 weeks ago and even though I didn;t eat, I got coffee in the cafeteria and the food still didn't look very appetizing!! We'll dust off the losers bench for you!!  
dramqueen6
on 5/21/08 4:41 am - Glendale, AZ
YAY GARY!!!                                      CONGRATS TO YOU!!!                 

Cindy

*Surgery Scheduled for July 8th!! YAY
Stephanie W.
on 5/21/08 5:13 am - Peoria, AZ
Congratulations Gary. You will be fine. I work at PV, and I know all of the OR nurses. They will take care of you. Don' t worry about the food in the cafeteria. You'll be on liquids anyway.

--Stephanie

At goal- I'm luvin' it!

Deanne K.
on 5/21/08 12:18 pm - Tucson, AZ
Gary,  Best of luck to you.  You are in great hands.
Garys
on 5/21/08 2:22 pm - Mesa, AZ
Just finished my last pre-surgery Protein shake , its on to clear liquids tomorrow. Now just about a day away from Surgery and in a few weeks I might just get to eat something semi-solid again!
Gena L.
on 5/21/08 3:09 pm - Sun City, AZ
Good luck with your surgery Gary!  You begin your weight loss adventure and we are saving you a seat on the loser's bench...someone even dusted it off for you ;-) Gena

AzViper
on 5/22/08 12:24 pm, edited 5/22/08 12:25 pm - AZ
Good luck buddy. I know the feeling your having right now the night before surgery.  Being a Lap Banner myself You'll do great. I have yet to have my first fill but that will take place in 8 days. You will have restriction due to the swelling after surgery. The restriction will last maybe a week. Make sure to follow the doctors advice. My first week post-op was protein shakes followed by soft foods then onto eating regular foods. My doctor told me that the weeks leading up to my fill was going to be hard. I have not lost any additional weight but I have not gained either. I have kinda hit the wall until I begin the filling of the band. Hope all goes well for you in the morning and the weeks and months ahead.   Keith
Garys
on 5/22/08 1:13 pm - Mesa, AZ
I am hitting the sack, tomorrow will come early with a 6 am check in at the hospital But the good thing is, I will be out of surgery early in the morning and be ready to start a new chapter in my life. Thanks for all the well wishes, I will try to have the wife post my progress.
Most Active